Glock Talk banner

G43X Grip Chop by Shield Arms

3529 Views 100 Replies 37 Participants Last post by  Mike Papa
So apparently Shield Arms is now offering a Grip Chop service for the G43X. I am very interested in this New Glock. Please post any new pictures or information on the pistol here in General Glocking. Thanks in advance.
Reactions: yep380
41 - 60 of 101 Posts

· Registered
2,122 Posts
Having to use Shield Arms mags would make it a no go for me.
You could always use an OEM Glock 10-round G43X/G48 magazine, but then what's the point of chopping the G43X/G48 frame.

We'll eventually have a PSA Dagger™ Micro 15-round G43X/G48 hybrid polymer/steel magazine (which works with the OEM polymer magazine release), but again, what's the point of chopping the frame.

Eventually someone will manufacture a grip-chopped G43X/G48 frame. My money is on PSA. Obviously, PSA could cut down their Dagger™ Micro magazine to 10 - 13 rounds. Of course, at this point, there's no reason to think the Dagger™ Micro magazine will be any more reliable than a Shield Arms magazine. Only time (and thousands of rounds) will tell ... assuming the Dagger™ Micro magazine ever sees the light of day.

· Registered
249 Posts
I’ve tried multiple generations of the S15’s in different guns and they just weren’t reliable enough for me to trust them. No way I would cut a gun to only be able to use their mag. We’ll see if the micro dagger mags ever come to fruition. If so they might get me back into a Glock 48.

· Registered
3,305 Posts
I’ve tried multiple generations of the S15’s in different guns and they just weren’t reliable enough for me to trust them. No way I would cut a gun to only be able to use their mag. We’ll see if the micro dagger mags ever come to fruition. If so they might get me back into a Glock 48.
I wouldn’t cut my G43x frame to run them either.

If/when PSA comes out with a micro dagger frame that is G43x compatible, I’d consider getting one to chop and give it a go. If PSA came out with a pre-chopped frame, that would be even better.

I’m talking range gun here btw, not something I’d carry.

· Registered
2 Posts
I suppose it would be great for all those people, especially women with their baby sized hands......but definitely not for my big paws. I just fit the Factory grip with the shield magazine installed and can't hold it without the magazine in the gun , my pinky hangs out ! So much for Baby Hands...

· Registered
3,238 Posts
Kinda like this one I picked up yesterday.
Yep, I picked one up a few months back. Had it for a month, shot 200 rounds through it during that time. The gun was reliable and shot good in my hands; but it still shot like a small gun (which it is...). I'm not really a small gun fan, so I ended up selling it to a friend just before Christmas. It's his new EDC gun, replacing his Glock 43 and 48 that he was carrying before. (48 was carried with Shield Arms 15 rds, his have worked without any hiccups.)

If at some point down the line, if I need to pick up a micro 9, it will most likely be another CR920.

· Registered
634 Posts
Then show your proof.
My "proof" is the collective knowledge of how mechanical systems work over the history of forever. Do your own work and look up "interchangeability, validation, and calibration" in reference to engineering and statistics. Quit making yourself look foolish. I am done wallowing in the forum mud with you.

· Registered
3,536 Posts
My "proof" is the collective knowledge of how mechanical systems work over the history of forever. Do your own work and look up "interchangeability, validation, and calibration" in reference to engineering and statistics. Quit making yourself look foolish. I am done wallowing in the forum mud with you.
That is conjecture. Fancy words do not make you correct. “It’s always worked this way” doesn’t make your correct. Glock parts can and do fail alongside their aftermarket counterparts

You don’t design and manufacture firearms, so you really don’t know. You don’t know that this particular gun won’t run. You’re guessing.

Meanwhile my G48 runs exactly the same with Shield mags as it does with the Glock mags over 2500 rounds.

We aren’t wallowing in the mud. You just can’t back up your assertion. That’s you flailing about.

I will give you credit. You at least put quotes around the word proof.

· Super Moderator
Glock 45/19X
10,929 Posts
Is your 43x chopped and using the new chopped mag?

A chopped 43x, using an aftermarket mag catch as well as aftermarket mags will not, and cannot, be as reliable as a Glock 26 in full oem configuration.

That is irrefutable. A sample size of 1 owner that happens to own an unchopped 43x and a G26 is irrelevant.
Based on the complaints voiced here (and other forums) about issues with the SA mags, as well as the SA mag release damaging the pistol I'd have to agree.

Shield Arms magazine FTF. Both of Them.

Shield Arms magazines experience

Shield Arms S-15 Feeding Fix

Shield Arms

Shield Arms SB15 problem

Home Forums The Armory Gun-Parts & Access. Shield Arms S15 mag failures

That's just a sampling from here on GT and doesn't include the plethora of sites that report problems doing a quick google search. I would not compare the level of reliability with OEM Glock mags. While it's true some report no issues (and that's great) I think there is enough information available to provide considerable justification for concern.

· Registered
54 Posts
My primary EDC is a G26. I tried a G43x and it didn't conceal as well for me and how I carry. For the life of me, I don't understand why Glock has not simply used the same process they did for the G30S and did it for 9mm that would allow us to use G26 OEM magazines et.al. in a frame that would use a G43/43x upper.

· Registered
2,122 Posts
I just don’t get it. Just buy a 43 or if you’re concerned about 10 round capacity…buy a cr920. The CR is a great little pistol.
An OEM Glock G43 magazine is six rounds. The Shield Arms Z9 magazine (pictured below) is nine rounds. However, the Z9 magazine isn't a flush fit with the G43. The S10 magazine is flush fit with 10 rounds in a grip-chopped G43X/G48 frame that is shorter than a G43 frame. Someone else suggested shortening an OEM Glock G43X/G48 10-round magazine. That doesn't get you anywhere in terms of capacity.

I see the Shield Arms grip-chopped G43X/G48 frame and S10 magazine as nothing more than a proof of concept. I suspect Shield Arms will regret not maintaining the G43 magazine height when (not if) a grip-chopped G43X/G48 frame becomes commercially available. I would expect a commercially-available grip-chopped G43X/G48 frame to preserve the G43 height and the proposed S10 magazine isn't going to fit.
Gadget Communication Device Multimedia Auto part Machine

Shield Arms Z9 (G43) Magazine

· Registered
2,111 Posts
An OEM Glock G43 magazine is six rounds. The Shield Arms Z9 magazine (pictured below) is nine rounds. However, the Z9 magazine isn't a flush fit with the G43. The S10 magazine is flush fit with 10 rounds in a grip-chopped G43X/G48 frame that is shorter than a G43 frame. Someone else suggested shortening an OEM Glock G43X/G48 10-round magazine. That doesn't get you anywhere in terms of capacity.

I see the Shield Arms grip-chopped G43X/G48 frame and S10 magazine as nothing more than a proof of concept. I suspect Shield Arms will regret not maintaining the G43 magazine height when (not if) a grip-chopped G43X/G48 frame becomes commercially available. I would expect a commercially-available grip-chopped G43X/G48 frame to preserve the G43 height and the proposed S10 magazine isn't going to fit.
View attachment 1155526
Shield Arms Z9 (G43) Magazine
Just buy a cr920 and have a reliable/oem/high quality pistol that is the same foot print as a 43. 10 rounds flush/13 round extended. Best optic mounting system from any company period (if optics are your thing). Better sights/grip and texture ect.

My whole point is it’s ridiculous to buy a 43x/48, send it to get chopped, buy aftermarket 50/50 reliable mags which I own for my 43x, steel mag release. At that point how much have you spent? I know It was a lot for me to invest to find out only some 15 round mags ran right in mine. It didn’t bother me that much because I only carry oem.

if people are that concerned over 4 rounds, It’s cheaper to sell a 43x/48 at a slight loss and get a SS CR920 or some other factory micro that hold a whole 4 more rounds. Or they could get really crazy and carry a spare mag or 2.

If it’s just a range toy, sure do whatever you want to it. I don’t know why anybody would want a micro to plink at the range but okay. If it’s your EDC out side of sights and MAYBE a trigger shoe it should come out of the box ready to go. I wouldn't want to rely on mine or my families safety on a pistol that is barely what it started it’s life as. Isn’t that the whole point of Glock? Extreme reliability? Like I said in another post in this same thread, Just my opinion.

Finger Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry Thumb
The cr920 factory is what people are modding Glock 43x/48 to be. Just seems silly to me.

You’re saying the s10 mag is proof on concept. The shield arms s10 mag is late to the game. Shadow systems did it awhile ago in a g43 clone
Wood Finger Hardwood Tool Thumb

41 - 60 of 101 Posts