Glock Talk banner

G43X Grip Chop by Shield Arms

3531 Views 100 Replies 37 Participants Last post by  Mike Papa
So apparently Shield Arms is now offering a Grip Chop service for the G43X. I am very interested in this New Glock. Please post any new pictures or information on the pistol here in General Glocking. Thanks in advance.
Reactions: yep380
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

· Registered
2,122 Posts
Gesture Gas Nail Salt and pepper shakers Machine

Shield Arms S10 10-round Magazine (left) and S15 gen3 15-round Magazine (right)
Gesture Trigger Gun barrel Thumb Gun accessory

Shield Arms Grip-Chopped G43X with S10 10-round Magazine
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Airsoft gun

Shield Arms Grip-Chopped G43X with S15 gen3 15-round Magazine

Here's the video from which I took the still pictures,

Here's a YouTube video discussing the Shield Arms S15 gen3 15-round magazine (new manufacturer), S10 10-round magazine, and G43X grip-chop service ...

Shield Arms SHOT SHOW 2023!
New S10 Magazine, Soft Goods, Sling, and Integrally-Folding Lowers!

The Armorer’s Fix

· Registered
2,122 Posts
A rep from SA said in a posted video that it was shorter than a G43. I’d like to see a comparison in pics.
You can compare the pictures of the Shield Arms grip-chopped G43X with the S10 and S15 magazine. A G43X is approximately 0.75" taller (including the magazine) than a G43. If the S15 magazine sticks out of the grip-chopped G43X frame by more than 0.75", I would think that corresponds to the difference in height as compared to a G43 frame. Of course, this is just a crude approximation.

· Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The whole point would be to pocket carry the G43X Chopped Grip and then you could also normal carry a G43X (not necessarily at the same time). But both could share the same normal size spare mags and not have to keep up with two different size spares. Same as carrying a G19/26 combo with G17 spare mags for both. Keep it simple!!!

· Registered
5,699 Posts
I understand why some people might not want this option for themselves.

I don't understand why some can't see the huge appeal to others.

There are many folks still carrying G43s because they like the thinner profile that the G26 doesn't offer but don't want a pistol the same height as a G19/48/43X. But they would love a little extra capacity.

If Glock had released a wider G43 frame that maintained the original G43 height while accepting the new 48/43X magazines, I might have never jumped ship to the P365.

· Registered
7,841 Posts

There are many folks still carrying G43s because they like the thinner profile that the G26 doesn't offer but don't want a pistol the same height as a G19/48/43X. But they would love a little extra capacity.

If Glock had released a wider G43 frame that maintained the original G43 height while accepting the new 48/43X magazines, I might have never jumped ship to the P365.
Agree 100%. I’m not an aftermarket magazine type. I do still carry my 43 but also got a P365 after much protest

· Registered
634 Posts
I have a 43x and a 26. Both are equally reliable in my experience.

Do you some kind of evidence that points to the 43x being less reliable?
Is your 43x chopped and using the new chopped mag?

A chopped 43x, using an aftermarket mag catch as well as aftermarket mags will not, and cannot, be as reliable as a Glock 26 in full oem configuration.

That is irrefutable. A sample size of 1 owner that happens to own an unchopped 43x and a G26 is irrelevant.

· G43 Fanboy
3,469 Posts

Very well said! (y)
If the new S10 mags turn out to be reliable with JHP ammo, I will consider buying a G43X and get the "grip chop," so I can sell my P365. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

In any case, it will take at least a few years until we start seeing reviews on S10 mags and grip-chopped G43Xs here on GT. In the meantime, I will continue to carry and practice with my beloved G43s with MagGuts'ed OEM mags that have proven themselves to work in my two G43s with my carry ammo...

1 - 20 of 101 Posts