Glock Talk banner

G43X Grip Chop by Shield Arms

3529 Views 100 Replies 37 Participants Last post by  Mike Papa
So apparently Shield Arms is now offering a Grip Chop service for the G43X. I am very interested in this New Glock. Please post any new pictures or information on the pistol here in General Glocking. Thanks in advance.
Reactions: yep380
21 - 40 of 101 Posts

· Registered
3,536 Posts
I think he’s meaning that the Shield Arms mags make them less reliable rather then a stock 43x or 26.
But they don’t. At least they haven’t for me.

And multiple people I know.

As I said earlier, this is a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist, but I have had 100% reliability with my Shield magazines.

· Registered
7,841 Posts
For some people, there’s no way an aftermarket company can be as reliable or more reliable than Glocks, no matter what.

Even if the parts/guns are as reliable.

That said, I don’t know anything about the reliability of the grip chop and the magazines made by Shield Arms in the guns. But as much as I won’t say they ARE as reliable without testing them, I won’t say they AREN’T because I just don’t know.

· Registered
3,305 Posts
Is your 43x chopped and using the new chopped mag?
No.
A chopped 43x, using an aftermarket mag catch as well as aftermarket mags will not, and cannot, be as reliable as a Glock 26 in full oem configuration.

That is irrefutable. A sample size of 1 owner that happens to own an unchopped 43x and a G26 is irrelevant.
I didn’t get that from what you said before.

I agree with what you said above.

· Registered
982 Posts
Shorter, thinner, and lighter than a G26.
Yes... it would fit many more hands than the G-26. I'm not a Shield Arms fan, but I'm at least a little intrigued with the idea of this modification. I never would have imagined all this negative feedback on a Glock forum..

I love the G43 and carry P365, but I TRUST Glock's mechanics over Sig. I'd be interested in the cut down because it would essentially give us a double stack G-43. If this finished product were offered by Glock, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

· Registered
28 Posts
I'm not a rich person so I purchase my firearms very methodically and logically. I value many simple factors but I think of like tools and like compatability.

I only purchase 9mm, Glocks and pre-owned from reputable LGS to leverage and lower ownership costs. I own 17, 19, 26, 43 and 43X right now. I've had my eye on lookout for 34, 48 and to lesser extent some of the model variants.

I've stuck to Glock OEM version magazines for less obvious logic. If a company makes a product, it's not just about quality and satisfying customer demand. It's about what the company won't put it's name on when it easily could. The best example I can think of is 26 standard OEM 10 rd magazine vs OEM 12 rd magazine that is +2 extension magazine. I have small hands but the short 26 magazine feels different to hold and shoot for me.

I could buy several aftermarket +2 and more extended magazines. I could substitute a 19 or 17 magazine due to compatability. I simply question why Glock is choosing to leave money on table and simply remind myself Gaston and executive team aren't that stupid. There must be some ideas that don't make the best of sense for the product line, kind of like how Apple designs it's product lineup compared with Google or Microsoft offerings.

· Registered
16,921 Posts
Nope, don't feel it.
It LOOKS great...I think its stupid though...just get the 43 instead......but to each their own.. Oh and I dont need a probably will work but dont know aftermarket mag like the S series in my carry gun if it cant fit stock(that work) mags id be 100% NOT interested...

And I get it youre gonna have some amount of guys using the S series mags that have never had a issue and then on the other hand you also have a PROVEN group that have had them and they dont work..thats enough for me not to want to "risk it".

· Registered
634 Posts
I should not have to teach you how mechanical systems work. You are introducing additional failure points to the system. A Glock 26 has been around for decades. Time tested and proved out. You are taking a relatively new firearm, the 43x, changing a rather important physical dimension, and adding an unproven magazine from a manufacturer that has a rather brief track record.

How is that hard to understand?

· Registered
797 Posts
Kinda like this one I picked up yesterday. 10+1 flush and 13+1 extended is a pretty nice setup. Problem with chopping the Glock is, what happens if it isn't reliable with S10 mags? Do you make sure it's reliable with S15 mags before you chop?

· Registered
797 Posts
I have to admit that a nice looking compact. How do you like it?
I like it, but just got it yesterday along with the EPS Carry MRS RD. This RDS is awesome! Won't get to shoot the pistol until tomorrow. The pistol is well made. Fit and finish are better than Glock. The machining is excellent. I broke it all the way down last night because they use a lot of freakin' oil on these. The parts are really nice. I do not like that you have to take the optic off to get the extractor out, but everything else is just like a Glock. I have 8 more mags coming and just picked up 10 cases of 115gr S&B FMJ's. I have all the other micro nines, so I'll see how this one stacks up. I'm a huge G43 fan, so if it's reliable, I'll likely love it.

· Registered
3,536 Posts
I should not have to teach you how mechanical systems work. You are introducing additional failure points to the system. A Glock 26 has been around for decades. Time tested and proved out. You are taking a relatively new firearm, the 43x, changing a rather important physical dimension, and adding an unproven magazine from a manufacturer that has a rather brief track record.

How is that hard to understand?
So, no proof.

But lots of conjecture.

· Registered
86 Posts
Problem with chopping the Glock is, what happens if it isn't reliable with S10 mags? Do you make sure it's reliable with S15 mags before you chop?
This right here is a key point. I've been following the Shield Arms drama from the get go and it really seems to be about how well the gun and magazine work together. I've had luck, others have not. I would hate to chop my grip and then find out it doesn't work well with the Shied Mags.

· Registered
2,122 Posts
This right here is a key point. I've been following the Shield Arms drama from the get go and it really seems to be about how well the gun and magazine work together. I've had luck, others have not. I would hate to chop my grip and then find out it doesn't work well with the Shied Mags.
If someone is going to pursue the "S10 magazine will work in a grip-chopped G43X if a S15 magazine worked in the same G43X (prior to the time the grip was chopped)" theory, they should use the new gen3 S15 magazines. Shield Arms is using a new manufacturer and has made "a couple of tweaks" to the S15 magazine. Shield Arms is saying the S10 magazine is the result of "modular tooling" which would imply the S10 magazine and gen3 S15 magazine have a lot in common. Time will tell whether the gen3 S15 magazine works any better (or worse) than the gen2 S15 magazine.

· Registered
2,111 Posts
I like it, but just got it yesterday along with the EPS Carry MRS RD. This RDS is awesome! Won't get to shoot the pistol until tomorrow. The pistol is well made. Fit and finish are better than Glock. The machining is excellent. I broke it all the way down last night because they use a lot of freakin' oil on these. The parts are really nice. I do not like that you have to take the optic off to get the extractor out, but everything else is just like a Glock. I have 8 more mags coming and just picked up 10 cases of 115gr S&B FMJ's. I have all the other micro nines, so I'll see how this one stacks up. I'm a huge G43 fan, so if it's reliable, I'll likely love it.

I have it, it is an incredibly accurate shooter. Probably the most accurate micro I own. Like you I own all the other micros except for the Ruger Max 9. I don’t like that pistol at all.

21 - 40 of 101 Posts