Target Sport USA - buyer beware

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Deputydave, Dec 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

Sorry to hear you had a problem as well. Talking to folks on other sites that unfortunately had similar experiences. A silver lining is I found a local company that's about 15 minutes from my house with ammo that is the same price.

:)

2. RoyHinkley

RoyHinkley Just some guy

3. RoyHinkley

RoyHinkley Just some guy

FWIW, I ordered three .22 bricks on Christmas day and they shipped yesterday. The only other thing I've ordered from them was some .223 in June of '13 and it shipped the next day.

4. zukyota

zukyota

I buy all my ammo from target sports, never had an issue. Lucky me I guess.

5. crockett

crockett

I ordered a rifle from Wilson Combat on the 23rd at 1500 with overnight. My LGS had the rifle at 1100 on the 24th.

They stated in stock and can ship today, and UPS also did what they offered. All one day before Christmas.

OP is right, that was bad fulfillment and bad customer service. Warning is much appreciated.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
    Deputydave likes this.
  6. Planetcat

Planetcat

I clarified what I meant in a follow up post and I wouldn't compare $2000+ Wilson Combat rifle purchases to cheesy internet ammo websites. Unless you think they are one in the same.

7. Sonu

Sonu

I absolutely HATE their shipping timeline!! Ordered 2K 9MM CCI Blazer rounds around 12/16 and received them today!.. on 12/30th! WTF!.. :steamed:

Never buying from'em again!! :fist:

ESAFO and Deputydave like this.
  8. crockett

crockett

It doesn't matter what they sell or for how much. I know a bit about logistics and online sales channels. In this day and age there is absolutely no excuse valid when it comes to proper stock management and fulfillment.

ESAFO and Deputydave like this.
  9. The Faux King

The Faux King Built To Spill

Target Sports USA is the best thing going for online ammo purchases, as far as I am concerned. Free shipping on cases of ammo and they regularly have the best price on the web. Myself and several other people I know have had nothing but great experiences.

dpadams6 likes this.
  10. Deputydave

I'm glad you've had good experiences with them, and I hope that continues. But as can be seen in this thread, they are at best inconsistent. Conversations I'm having on other forums confirm this point. Some satisfied customers and some very unsatisfied customers that will never purchase from them again. This is not the hallmark of a company I'd choose to do business with. As an example, there is a U.S. based electronics company I deal with that gets rave reviews in the online forums. I've never seen a negative review posted. I've done business with them multiple times and every transaction was a breeze. If they say they have something in inventory, they do. If they say they're going to ship on a certain day, they do. If something happens beyond their control they communicate with the customer and make it right. A purchase that has been paid for still supposedly sitting in the warehouse 9 days after it was suppose to have shipped just doesn't get it. And apparently a lot of other people have had the same or similar experiences.

Free shipping on bulk ammo is nice, but not if it doesn't actually get shipped out. And by the way, you're still paying for shipping whether you think you are or not. The 'free shipping' is a marketing gimmick designed to make a sale. That same ammo that I paid $200 was offered by a different company a couple of days ago for $159 and $30 shipping. So I would have actually saved $11 and a bit of aggravation. But if you think they're giving you a good deal AND free shipping your quite mistaken. That's marketing hype.

As you can see, you've been fortunate. I'm seeing more and more around the forums that haven't been so fortunate. If I had had 10 great experiences and then one foul up then maybe I could chalk it up to a fluke. But right from the first order and then find out so many people have had the same experience with no shipping and crappy CS? Nope, their off the list.

11. ESAFO

ESAFO

ok so i likeweise have a issue with said company in title, i am a 1rst time buyer from this company.
    order placed via phone call Dec 18th i get a confirmation email stating order has been placed, recieve another email Dec 21rst saying items shipped via Fed-Ex.
    i just got off the phone asking what is going on with my order, the girl on the phone tells me it will ship out today.....
    i say well then why did i recieve a email over a week ago stating it has been shipped already & me being in Oh i should've recieved order from Ct by now, she says well unfortunatly this is the way Fed-Ex sets up there emails & as soon as the orders are placed & lables printed it shows being picked up by said shipper.
    then she gets pissy with me & says it's not like there standing right beside us when the lables are printed to pick up the shipment.
    so unfortunatly this will probably be the 1rst & last time i do bussiness with them, yes sure i got a great deal on ammo shipped but like the old saying goes "You Get What You Pay For".
    and as many have already stated don't BS me just tell me the truth & that goes along way, but instead others would rather wait for the dreaded call to come in in hopes you don't call then they tell you weeeell it is being shipped out today.
    i hope everyone gets what they ordered in a timely manner & have a safe new year.

Sonu and Deputydave like this.
  12. Deputydave

So talking with ESAFO via PM, we ordered the same ammo. He ordered 3 days before I did and still hasn't received his order. He called today and is getting the 'it will ship today' routine. That's what they told me the first time I called but it still didn't ship.

I hope they do indeed ship today for you, but based on what I've seen so far I wouldn't hold my breath. And yes, their CS is sub-standard.

Sonu and ESAFO like this.
  13. ESAFO

ESAFO

wish in 1 hand & sh!t in the other, see which 1 fills up faster.

keeping it fresh so others just jumping in are aware of said issues ahead of time.
    https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/targetsportsusa-issue.1411535/

Sonu and Deputydave like this.
  14. The Faux King

I didn't even bother to read all that. 200 shipped for a case of 9mm is a good enough deal for me. I have plenty of ammo -- if it takes a week to get here I'm not going to wet my pants and cry for mommy.

15. The Faux King

Also, take a look at the screen shot from their latest delivery to my house:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Deputydave

You really should have, that way you don't look like an ignorant troll.

Hey, it's a good deal for anyone. Of course they have to actually send the package out to complete that good deal. As this thread has demonstrated quite clearly the company is hit and miss and their CS needs to be improved.

I've got plenty of ammo too, and a week would have been just fine. When the package is still 'supposedly' sitting in a warehouse two weeks after it's been paid for we have a legitimate issue.

As for the rest of your dribble, time to go to bed and let the grown ups talk.

Sonu and ESAFO like this.
  17. The Faux King

Deputy Dan derpiry Dan derp

18. Deputydave

ESAFO likes this.
  19. ESAFO

ESAFO

i'll be sure to let you know when it gets here.

20. Deputydave

I had to file a dispute with my CC because they haven't refunded my money yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.