close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ZZ4 GM crate motor-low miles

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by mc_racer, Jan 1, 2007.

1. mc_racer

mc_racer

ZZ4 crate motor,around 5,000 miles. I need to check the odometer on the truck to be exact.

Pics are here....
    coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193247

It is GM part#88958603, here's a link for the specs. It's the second one down. I tried to take pics of the block head numbers, if you need more just ask.
    www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?perfPackages=1&pkgid=21

This motor was bought new from the dealership at end of 2002. It was the motor that was to be allowed for the supertruck class we intended to run. Before the season started, the track altered the rules to allow the bottom motor on the list in our class. We had one practice day on this motor(maybe 50 miles)before the 400hp motor went in. Nothing at full speed as we were shaking down a new truck. Long story short, the 305 in my 87 was sucking wind and I was able to buy this for $3500. It was in my truck for about 4000 miles.

I changed the intake to an edelbrock performer, and changed to a street style oil pan (the race one doesn't have a dipstick). It still has the factory seals on the head and timing cover.

It runs extremely well. It can be started. You can hear it run. The stand has oil pressure and water temp gauges. It has 50lbs oil pressure at startup. I'll check the oil pressure when it's warmed up this weekend(too late right now for that much noise, stupid neighbors). I'll also do a compression check this weekend and post up the numbers.

Anyway, this is a very strong motor that is in super condition. Asking....
    $2500 motor, carb to oil pan, water pump to flywheel, ready to go
    $2750 add the Be-cool radiator and Black Magic Flex a Lite fan, Radiator fits most 73-87 Gm trucks w/ manual trans.
    Headers are not included in the above prices. They are available, but what do you have that they fit?
    I an open to partial/full trades, AR rifles, a G19, Yellow TJ half doors, Jeep project, nice handguns, etc. Maybe even a quad or streetbike. Let me know what you have.
    I would be willing to deliver this up to a day(one way) drive away, no charge.

2. TexasGlock23

TexasGlock23 Salty Collar

folks, that sounds like something to jump on if you are anywhere near this guys!

3. mc_racer

mc_racer

I will deliver up to 12 hours away for the $2500 asking price or equal trades.
    Dallas is only 8 hrs from me.:supergrin:

4. TexasGlock23

TexasGlock23 Salty Collar

If I were keeping the truck it may be something I would look into. ! ton axles and 44's need something with a grunt to move it. But the truck is not getting the make over anymore. Time for a new toy in the works:thumbsup:

5. mc_racer

mc_racer