zonealarm upgrade ?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by sbstudley, Mar 6, 2005.

1. sbstudley

sbstudley

Does anyone have it and is it worth buying?
    I have had the test drive for three years and it is great. Do I need the upgrade?

Thanks
    Steve

2. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

The newer versions of Zone Alarm are suppose to be more secure and more compatible with Windows XP SP2.The only difference I know of in the paid version and the free version is the info,feedback and being able to read the firewall log files.I doubt the added protection of the newer versions is required.The older versions are fairly secure and if you aren't having problems it might be best not to change.Windows 98 and ME had problems with 3.1 and 3.7 and I think there was a 3.5 in there too.I use Zone Alarm 2.6 with them.Some people with Windows 2000 and XP have problems with versions newer than 4.5.Some have no problems with the current version.I have the current free version now but I keep a copy of 4.5 just in case of future conflicts.4.5 is said to cause the least problems if you are having pronlems,but if not there no reason to change.

3. Zoolander

Zoolander Castrated

You're a wealth of comp knowledge, Washington,D.C.

You should mod this forum.

The other two stooges are never seen or heard from.

4. FLM

FLM

I just uninstalled my ZA even though I just renewed it in Dec. The latest upgrade caused too much trouble. I think ZA used to be a good product, but now it's poor. The free version may be OK. I installed Sygate and am very happy with it so far.

5. Poppa Bear

Poppa Bear Protective G'pa CLM

I currently have ZA Pro 5.5. I have had no problems or issues. I have always gone for the clean install option over the upgrade option whenever updates become available.