close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Zimmerman's videotape re-enactment

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Bilbo Bagins, Jun 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

A Police Videotape taken at the scene of the shooting with Detectives in the Zimmerman/Martin case has been released. So here is a look into what happened according to Zimmerman, and a good "Smell Test" on the man and his story.

When you read the article I find it funny how slanted ABC News was on the subject. Very biased.

Anyway what do you guys think. I have to wait to get home to listen to the audio.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zim...artin-shooting/story?id=16616864#.T-MTYLjDVoY

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  2. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Well, before even watching the video, his face/head is messed up.

He sounds pretty reasonable to me.. obviously his memory of the event is fairly sketchy, understandable when he's trying to keep from getting his head bounced off the concrete.

Zimmermans actions during this bail fiasco are going to hurt him more than the actual shooting (I think).. It just gives "them" something else to try and discredit him and make him a liar.

IGF

3. G23Gen4TX

G23Gen4TX

Each piece of evidence that comes out just proves more and more that this was a self defense case.

4. FFR Spyder GT

FFR Spyder GT Ex-Gunslinger

George's "story" doesn't add up.

Lead Investigator didn't "buy" George's "story" either.

You do realize that Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee has been fired, right?

5. Adjuster

Adjuster

Yep it was previously believed that Zimmerman followed, approached and confronted Martin. The news in my area is now reporting that Zimmerman was following/watching Martin but then lost him. While Zimmerman was on the phone with police Martin came out of the darkness and confronted Zimmerman. Zimmerman is clearly innocent of the charges but I believe the trial is necessary to bring all the facts out to the public to hopefully quell any unrest when an innocent verdict is determined by the jury.

I thought it was interesting to hear Zimmerman say he didn't even remember he had a gun on him until Martin saw it and made a grab for it. I can completely see/believe/understand this happening in the heated situation of the events as Zimmerman tells them.

/

6. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

7. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

During the reenactment, great detail given..... until the point of pulling/shooting his firearm.

8. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

How much detail would expect for something that probably happened in a few seconds?

9. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

10. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

Those who have experience interviewing people will know what I am talking about.

Those who don't most likely won't no matter how many words I put on the screen.

Respectfully,

TBO

11. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

As a civilian, I cannot tell you how many time I did that. I even walked up to the metal detectors of our county courthouse and when I went to empty my pockets I felt my P3at in my pocket. Ohh I just remembered something, I turned around, and out of line just in time. :phew:

12. Dubble-Tapper

Dubble-Tapper

are you saying that when a person draws and fires their sidearm all time slows and an eidetic memory develops suddenly? :dunno:please explain

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  13. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

The explanation most likely won't suffice for those w/o experience interviewing people.

1st- my post(s) on Z's statement - I am NOT making a definitive statement on truthfulness/lying/guilt/non-guilt. I am speaking about what I see based upon experience. This raises questions in my mind's eye that can't be answered, as I wasn't physically there during the reenactment and interview, and as such didn't see Z first hand, and more importantly, can't ask follow up questions.
    -------------------

What I'm referencing, in a short/small nutshell.

Often when a person is telling a fabricated story about what happened they will go into great detail about things (minutia detail) but when they get to the KEY event, it suddenly goes short/simple Dick/Jane type dialogue.

Again, I want to make sure people reading this don't take this as me stating firmly that Z is.... anything.
    Just passing on what my eye saw, and my mind wished it had more info on (or the ability to get more info).

Sincerely,

TBO

14. Hummer

Hummer Big Member

I think his explanation was clear and credible. The lack of detail after the shot was fired is entirely understandable, particularly the day after the shooting. Also, that during the attack and struggle, that Zimmerman hadn't been cognizant of his carry piece until it became exposed is also credible, anyone who carries knows it's easy to forget you're carrying.

Zimmerman was doing just what I or any other neighborhood watch citizen might do in monitoring a stranger acting suspiciously. Martin was clearly the aggressor who initiated the attack and once he got Zimmerman down, Martin was doing serious bodily harm with the potential for death. Had I been in Zimmerman's place, I would have shot the attacker. As well, had I come upon the scene as a third party, I would have shot the attacker if he didn't immediately cease the attack.

In the ABC commentary by Chris Cuomo about the Zimmerman reenactment video, it is acknowledged that this is a classic case of self defense. He said, "everything he (Zimmerman) says, detail by detail, Robyn, now this could work for or against, is perfect as a justification for what he did, he is not the aggressor.... Forget about stand your ground, this is a textbook justification case."

Make no mistake, this is a political prosecution cynically pursued to gin up black voters for the coming election. It's also a prosecution aimed at every gun owner, every lawful citizen with a concealed carry weapon, and every person who would take direct action to keep their neighborhood safe from crime.

The political calculation to prosecute Zimmerman could very well backfire. I doubt a jury will convict on any charges, including those related to the alleged concealment of assets. That is in a sense, fruit of the poisonous tree, a result of unlawful prosecution.

15. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Actually this makes sense to me.

I would have doubted that he remembered much about something that happened for 2 or 3 seconds.

I have seen videos of professors of law trying to explain identification of criminals, when all of a sudden they have someone burst in and fire a fake gun or something and then leave. Typically the guy was wear a hat. Not wearing a hat. Was wearing a red shirt. A blue shirt. A green shirt.

I think people are typically very bad when describing an incident where they were shocked about being in.

His not knowing how the shooting occurred didn't surprise me but I find it strange he knew to wiggle around to get his head off the cement, could feel the grass, etc.

My description would have been. "The %^&%*&^ was beating my head against the concrete and I was struggling to get away. I am not really sure what I did to defend myself during that time or exactly how long it took. But i sure was scared. My head was getting beaten on the concrete and it really hurt."

16. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

TBO - I've tried to put myself in his shoes. I can tell you this: It's the next day. I'm WORRIED about the police charging me with this crime. As an innocent civilian, I'd spend a S-load of time trying to remember and cover all the details of how it led up to my shooting the chap and very little in the actual shooting. I shot him. I admitted to shooting him. You found him dead. Nuffsaid. WHY seems to be the question he was trying to answer.

I could be all wet. But that's how I would play it as well. I hope that doesn't make me guilty some day.

I, too, have no idea what happened that night nor if Zim is guilty or not.

17. Dubble-Tapper

Dubble-Tapper

makes sense to me, you would think that the gun drawn/shooting part would be the most detailed/crucial part of the story

18. G23Gen4TX

G23Gen4TX

What other details about the gun draw do you expect? He said Martin went for the gun, He pulled the gun and shot him. What else do you want?

19. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

I would just say, "after firing a 10mm there was such a big flash that i was blinded and dont know what happened next...."

20. Dubble-Tapper

Dubble-Tapper

im not sure they would have found Trayvons body if a 10mm was involved...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.