close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Zimmermans jailhouse phone calls released

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Fox, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fox

Fox Varmit Control

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/george-zimmerman-jailhouse-telephone-recordings-released-150859241.html

Yes, Zimmerman is not a bright guy and has made it easy for his enemies to destroy him. The counterpoint is that the bail was calculated to seize all the money needed for his defense and to cover bills that piled up while he was in jail. They wanted him financially destroyed and with a court appointed "public pretender" for a defense attorney.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  2. CitizenOfDreams

CitizenOfDreams

Never talk to the police (or when the police is listeninng).

3. 9jeeps

9jeeps

I'm thinking Zimmerman isn't the only stupid person involved in this whole situation.

4. badge315

badge315

I guess I don't really understand what criteria is used in establishing a bail amount for a particular defendant...is the object to make the bail so high that he has no remaining funds to mount a defense? Because that's what it looks like to me.:dunno:

5. aplcr0331

aplcr0331

So, what exactly is so damaging about these conversations? Did he say, "yeah, look how I stalked that effing n888er and put a cap in his black ***".

Looks like he's talking about the generosity of people and telling his wife to buy vests? How does this impact his charge for murder?

6. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Depends on what the defendant looks like and what the hopped up thug half his age, who is trying to kill him, looks like, apparently......

7. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Common sense and lawyers would dictate one would not go about saying stuff like that over the phone. The (reported) allegation that he was coaching his wife to move money specifically earmarked for his defense fund, to pay bills and buy bullet resistant vests for his wife/etc is enough to tell me the guy has more space than marbles upstairs. He is neither the villain/ pariah nor completely upstanding citizen either side of rabid is trying to make him out to be.

He is an idiot, with impulse control issues, and 1st those control issues landed his *** in jail (the shooting) and then back in jail again (the money).

Not so sure why it's so hard for his supporters to isolate the man from the incident and those two things for what has transpired since.

HAD HE USED BETTER JUDGEMENT MAYBE TRAVYON WOULD HAVE REALLY BEEN CAUGHT BEHIND A DOUBLE BARREL SHOTGUN DOING SOMETHING TRULY ILLEGAL, and his (Zimmerman's) life turned upside down would not be a front page story.

Not sure why those who would want him to be lynched at high noon want this. What goes around comes around. We are supposed to be a nation of laws. When there are real, or perceived disturbances in the law, our goal should always be to address this in a LAWFUL manner. None of this selective trial bull**** or perpetual leaking or stacking of feds to exert pressure.

If Trayvon was my son I would've insisted EMS/doctors get him back alive so I could kick his *** for doing stupid. If Trayvon was my son I would likewise very much want a piece of Zimmerman for killing my son.

What's so hard about that to understand?

8. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

Look, I believe Zimmerman is getting the shaft, but at what point are folks willing to admit that he's a self-destructive idiot and that his current bail problems are his own creation?

There's no way you can spin coaching your wife on how to hide money from the court as being anything other than an act of supreme stupidity. Not only is it a fool's game considering the attention he knows he is under, but he HAS to know that phone calls from jail carry no expectation of privacy and can be monitored.

9. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

If that "PEACEFUL" Black Panther Party put a bounty on my head, and my family wasn't safe, I probably would want them to have vests, too.

10. Gallium

Gallium CLM

• I assume you mean the New Black Panther Party. The difference might be subtle or non-existent to you, but there really is a big difference.
    • Threads from idiots like the NBPP do not justify Zimmerman misappropriating, or directing someone else to misappropriate funds.
    • All of these things with Zimmerman - the vests, being in jail, were things he should have given thought to long before he decided to carry a gun, and certainly before he decided to alight from his car in following (against sound, but not mandatory direction) a young punk.
    Where he is? He put himself squarely there. Your argument (as posted above) fails on a couple of levels.

11. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

okay. Might want to correct one of your "facts":

Zimmerman went back to his car when asked. The thug jumped him as he was getting back in his car.

Also, I truly feel sorry for all the people who seem to think someone is "asking for it" because they have the GALL to walk on a PUBLIC STREET

And, call the Black Panthers whatever you want to.

I know what I call them.

TERRORISTS

12. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Bingo..

IGF

13. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Tru dat

14. TheExplorer

TheExplorer

Was it a moronic thing to do? Absolutely. But is it fair to convict someone of murder because of money? I just don't see this point as being the "sole" judge of his character.

15. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

Last I checked he hasn't been convicted, but don't think for a second that his stupidity and deceit won't come up at trial. Zimmerman is destroying his own credibility with such stunts, and credibility is just about the only thing he's got in trying to convince a jury that his version of events is the way the Martin shooting went down.

16. glock_19guy1983

glock_19guy1983

Its amazing that in this country a man's entire life could be destroyed over a 17 year old thug casing houses.

17. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

Zimmerman is not a murderer IMHO!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  18. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Velcum to Amerika

19. Gallium

Gallium CLM

:) And you know this how :rofl:? What witness stated this? Where was it recorded on video?

The FACT is, if Zimmerman had not elicited to ignore the advise of the dispatcher and common sense, and kept on his merry way, we'd be debating something else.

The FACT is, when you decide to call the police about what you think involves criminality, interjecting yourself into the mix where there is no exigency more often than not makes the situation worse, not better.

The FACT is, I don't think anyone is "asking for it" because they walk on a public street.

THE FACT IS, when you look at Zimmerman's actions in totality, it is hard to not conclude he is an idiot.

The fact is, I would not waste my time in a discussion with someone so hell bend on defending Zimmerman (or Martin), they cannot see these facts. I would suspect previous head injury, diminished mental capacity or some sort of societal bias if I indeed happened upon some one like that.

Of course the Black Panthers are terrorists. So are the people who work for the DHS at the airports making me take my shoes off - except if I was born on or before this day in 1937.

My point was, I don't go around blaming the Bloods for threats the Crips or MS-13 are making. I try to keep my facts straight - something you obviously are willing to gloss over in your rush to offer cover for Zimmerman. :tongueout:

20. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

I live by this attitude. I would never answer one single question a cop or detective ask me about anything. I didn't see, hear or know anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.