Zigana PX-9: Turkish Near-Clone of the XD

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Matt VDW, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Matt VDW

Matt VDW Millennium Member

I am curious about the Zigana PX-9, a Turkish 9mm pistol which appears to be based on the Croatian XD/HS 2000. The biggest difference seems to be that the Turks eliminated the grip safety of the XD design and added a manual safety lever to the frame. Also, the PX-9 is retailing for less than $300, which is even cheaper than Springfield Armory's re-introduction of the original XD line.

What isn't clear from the information I have found online is whether or not the PX-9 can use XD or XD(M) magazines and holsters.

2. mac66

mac66 Huge Member Millennium Member

Interesting. I have a couple of the original HS2000s and a bunch of magazine that I bought when they first came out. Bought one, liked it so much I bought another one. They were less than $300 back then. I also have an XD40 and XD45. If the Zigana used the same mags I might be interested again.

3. Matt VDW

Matt VDW Millennium Member

The Turks generally stick to the OEM magazine design with their clones, like their 1911 and CZ-75 knock-offs that run with mags from the originals. But with the PX-9 they could have copied either the XD or the XD(M) and nothing I have seen reveals which one it is.

By the way, considering how many other popular pistols they've copied, I wonder why the Turks haven't made a Glock clone yet.

4. bac1023

bac1023

Very cool :cool:

I’m a fan of the XD.