Ziebart "Diamond Gloss"-anybody get it?

Discussion in 'Indiana Glockers' started by hubbard, Oct 2, 2007.

1. hubbard

hubbard

Two things: 1) No guns signs back at 86th Street/Michigan Road Costco. 2) Anyone out there ever have their auto paint "Diamond Glossed" by Ziebart? If so what experience have you had with it. Other opinions? Thanks.

2. 4sarge

4sarge Millennium Member

I had the Ziebart Paint treatment on a Ford Van. It looked good and had the lifetime warranty. Problem is there is an annual charge for redoing the auto (makes it look new and well worth the money) but they make it almost impossible to fit in an appointment to redo it. If you miss the annual redo, your out of the program and the warranty. Other than the redo appointment hassle it made the van paint look new.

3. INJoker

INJoker Simply Charming

My first truck was one that someone had Ziebarted religiously, both the paint, interior and underside.

That thing was MINT when I got it and stayed MINT the whole time I owned it.

Unfortunately for me, a real spacey-hippie lady ran a stop sign and totalled the truck a couple of years back.

I miss it to this day.

When I graduate college and get a decent ride, I will take it to Ziebart. It's not cheap, but it's so worth it!

4. FThorn

FThorn TV/Movie Club

That happened to me at Allisonville overpass over 465. My Shelby Daytona was PERFECT, and I never let anyone TOUCH IT. Until a lady ran a red light and totalled it.

I have since not ever cared about a car's looks again.

5. Fenway

Fenway

The diamond gloss is just a paint sealant and it wears off over time. It's ok.

Diamond gloss is no better than any other paint sealant product out there. The price is ridiculous. If the person doesn't know what they are doing or doesn't care they can damage the paint during the wash or "prep" before applying it.

If you are serious about you cars appearance you would be better off taking it to http://www.jimmybuffit.com/ . 96th and Michigan road.

Give Jim a call and tell him you are thinking about Diamond Gloss. He will be happy to talk to you. I know a bit about detailing and I would never pay for Diamond Gloss. That being said the guys at that Ziebart near Costco are nice people.