ZEV Socom (Enhanced) Slide Review...spoiler...my favorite!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by chowellacsbd, Aug 1, 2019.

1. chowellacsbd

chowellacsbd

New to the forum and wanted to share my personal thoughts on the ZEV Enhanced Socom Gen3 and Gen 4 aftermarket slides.

First off, I love DLC...to me it's the best finish out there and the DLC on all three of my Socoms is fantastic. The chamfers and the Socom "tooth" serrations are extremely grippy and sharp...as they should be IMHO.

Fit and lockup are very tight and during the first 200 rounds you can definitely feel the friction of the slide to barrel fit when racking. After a total of about 300 rds, that friction is gone but still tight when locked up in battery.

Of the three I have, two have the DPP optic cut and one has the RMR cut. DPP mounted is rock solid and doesn't move when seated. So much so that you can wiggle and shake the slide around and the DPP isn't going anywhere.

What more can I say...ZEV makes an extremely nice slide, but, I wouldn't have three if they didn't so... ;)

I'll post up pics later of each build.

BTW, you can get these (stripped) all day for less than $350 shipped on ebay ;) Two of mine were less than $300 each shipped. Cant beat that.

2. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

Cool.

But without pics...it didn’t happen.

michael_b likes this.

3. chowellacsbd

chowellacsbd

4. chowellacsbd

chowellacsbd

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DocPoison and HEXE9 like this.