Glock Talk banner

zev competition spring weight?

3144 5
for some reason zev thinks their competition spring weight should be a secret. I can not find any info on what the weight is. my googlefo is lacking.

also what is the stock weight on a glock spring?

ive read 5, 5.5 and 6lb

i am trying to get my g34 tuned but cant find any reliable info
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
11,804 Posts
You did not say what spring you are referring to.
The firing pin spring and trigger spring on a OEM Glock is 5.5#.
Most aftermarket trigger springs are 6.0#
The aftermarket FPS are 4.0#, 4.5#, 5.0#, 5.5#, 6.0#.

· Registered
11,804 Posts
For a range gun using quality ammunition:
You can run a 4.5# FPS with OEM FP and OEM trigger spring and maintain reliability.
With a LW FP you can run a 4.0# FPS and OEM trigger spring and maintain reliability.
If it is a Gen 4 Glock and you use a 6.0# trigger spring you will Possibly have trigger reset issues.

· Registered
11,804 Posts
Any of the lightweight firing pins will normally be reliable with a 4.0# spring if you are shooting Quality American made ammunition. Order a 4.0# and a 4.5# Wolff spring and if you get light strikes with the 4.0# install the 4.5#.
If you are shooting Garbage Ammunition things could be different.

· On the Border
16,829 Posts
If you want to know the energy in a specific spring, test it. You can also test a group of springs from a particular manufacturer for comparison to others. My experience with Zev #4 springs is that they are on the heavy side. LWD 4 pounders are the lightest I have found, out of the bag.

The OEM firing pin is fine with a #4 spring as long as you stick with Federal primers. The FP springs in my 34s measure in the #3.8 range and are 100% reliable with OEM firing pins.

Lightened FP's are more prone to breakage than the OEM part. Substantial trigger improvements can be made by honing and polishing the FP. It takes time to get an FP done right, and to get it fit properly. Once I've invested that time, I want the FP to have a long lifespan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.