close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

zeroing in a red dot with Glockmeister mount

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by shooterx10, May 17, 2002.

1. shooterx10

shooterx10

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the center line of Glockmeister/THE mount slightly off to the right (looking down the barrel, EEK!)? I just bought one and put an Aimpoint XD on it and the bore of the scope (where the red dot appears) and axis of the barrel are not on the same vertical plane. I have not had the chance to zero it, but how do you guys compensate for long shots?;d Also, how many yards to you zero your red dot scopes at?

2. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Yes you are right. I set it for 25 yards since that's the farthest I shoot in GSSF. The major issue I have noticed is that it will shoot low at 5 yards. Since I don't shoot further than 25 I haven't noticed any major problems with the vertical alignment issue. Matt might have more input for you.

I have a Carver mount prototype and find it to be a much nicer answer to the scope mounting situation. It's very solid, centered over the bore and lower to the gun.

3. PhilD

PhilD Millennium Member

I have an offset mount on my open gun and zeroed it in at 50yds and have not had any problems at closer ranges with it being offset.

4. shooterx10

shooterx10

I think I'm going to an indoor range this weekend and zero the scope. However, the max in there is 17 yards. Is that too close? What's the closest and farthest (in yards or feet) that you can engage a target (steel or paper) in USPSA and GSSF?

Also, with the Glockmeister/THE mount, the whole gun sits sort of funny in the CR Speed holster, but is secure. Anyone else have this problem?

5. PhilD

PhilD Millennium Member

USPSA goes out to 50 yds. GSSF only goes out to 25 I belive. If you zero in at 50, then you will know where your POA is at 50, and by shooting at closer ranges, you'll also know closer POA's. I find that if I zero at 50, I have no problems at any other ranges. As a minimum I would find somewhere you can zero in at 25 yds.

6. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

GSSF maximum is 25 and the minimum is 5.