close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Zakaria, CNN and Time Editor Suspended for Plagerism in Gun Control Article

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Mushinto, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Mushinto

Mushinto Master Member

LINK

Apparently, even lies can be stolen.

2. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

3. INJoker

INJoker Simply Charming

Zakaria is a terrorist-loving Marxist hack.

I've read his articles with disdain for far too long. I am convinced he would hand America over to al Qaeda in a heartbeat if he could.

Jesus I hate that guy. Very few people in the media draw my ire like that worthless ******.

If I had my way he'd be sitting in Gitmo right now.

4. tongix

tongix

And he is a member of the Council of Foreign Relations . He has been transforming himself to a neocon in the last four years or so. Good job Zak

5. Kasinefect

Kasinefect

Given the "herd mentality" of the leftist media, I'm almost surprized anyone noticed.

6. rauldduke1979

rauldduke1979

Well, we all knew this would happen sooner or later. Another crazy pundit goes on a rampage and this is how it ends.

How many more tragedies until Americans decide to enact common sense pundit control? If you look at other countries, such as China, Saudi Arabia and North Korea they never have issues like this, because in those countries the pundits are carefully controlled by the state.

Now, Americans have their traditions I understand. But even the supreme court has ruled that first amendment is not absolute. And that is why I propose some common sense pundit control:

1. Background checks on pundits. These background checks would look into the pundit's record and see if they had a history of making irresponsible statements or supporting erroneous policies. For example, a simple background check on Dr. Zakaria would have revealed that he vigorously supported the Iraq War, just becuase he thought it would be good to "stir the pot".

2. A 7 day "cooling off" period before you publish something. I mean' what's your hurry?

3. Let's limit high capacity articles. I mean, I can understand why a government document might need to be longer than 10 paragraphs, but there is simply no reason that a civilian pundit needs to spray 20 or 30 paragraphs all over the Internet.

I think we should all be able to come together and enact these common sense pundit control laws to prevent such a tragedy from ever happening again.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  7. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

It's pretty bad when you can't make up new lies and have to retread ones that have already been told.

8. CAcop

CAcop

He is a smug prick. Not pompous ass like O'Donnell or Olberdoosh. Couldn't happen to a better person.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

9. Hicksville Kid

Hicksville Kid

What is most shocking to me about this story is how could a media savvy person think that he could steal someones words and get away with it in this day and age?

Years ago, before the Internet, a person would have to go to a library and slog through tons of books and magazines to find plagiarism. Or get a tip from someone who recognizes a passage. Now you can just Google a string of words and come up with hits. Or go to http://www.plagtracker.com/ or http://www.dustball.com/cs/plagiarism.checker/ It's how teachers check essays that are supposed to be original or how they check sources.

It has to be that they let their arrogance get in the way.

I hope I never hear from him again.

10. hogfish

hogfish Señor Member

The worst thing about this story is the fact that they can go all the way back to the founding of the USA and find examples of freedom/liberty limiting laws and ordinances. We will never be able to rid ourselves of the righteous effort to control the way others live.

:miff:

11. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

What?

12. glockman66

glockman66

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  13. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

It's what happens when someone starts to believe they are smarter and more cognizant of societies problems. It's their responsibility to the readers/viewers they are trying to "educate" to the "truths" that most do not see.

(in their opinion)

14. Averageman

Averageman

In today's media a lie told long enough and loud enough becomes the truth, they all use each others lies, whats new?

15. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

yep!........

16. nmk

nmk

I agree with this, but it's not just the media and it's not just today. Not even close.

17. GlockPistola

GlockPistola

Good! His arse should be fired period. Hell, everyone at CNN needs to go given their ratings.

18. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

Hell, if I had my way, all of Cuba would be Gitmo, and Havana would be HHQ.

19. tongix

tongix

Zakaria has a doctoral degree, wonder if his doctoral thesis could have stolen ideas as well. Zak has been very good the first time i ve seen him on TV 12 yrs ago but he somewhat runned out of fresh ideas. His Sunday show is getting boring and just pathetic.

20. beatcop

beatcop

Scum trying to sell print, copying other scum....so much for "reporting" or "new"...I need to kill off my subscription.