Yup, I am new here... G35

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Ryan92, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Ryan92

Ryan92

Been lurking for a few weeks now awaiting my new purchase. Today I signed the papers for a brand new Glock G35 w/ Meprolight Night Sights. I used the GSSF Pistol Purchase Program to buy this thing. It is my first hand gun, only other hand gun I have shot was a G17. I was originally going to purchase a G34 but I dragged my feet to long. The only place in Wisconsin that works with GSSF and there pistol purchase program decided to drop Glock all together. So I was limited to what they had on hand since they can no longer order anything from Glock. I had the option of a 17,19,22c and the 35. Since I was after the long slide I went with the 35. I can not really find anything bad about the gun so I hope I made the right choice!

Anyways, I just wanted to poke my head in and say HI! :wavey:

2. ronin.45

ronin.45

The 35 should serve you well.

If you still want a 34 you should try the firearms listings. You might find someone that wants to swap.

3. Ryan92

Ryan92

After reading a bunch and talking to people I think I will like the 35 better. Also I can get .40 ammo easier then 9mm around here so that helped my decision. I am a little worried about the recoil and muzzel climb if I ever shoot competitions with it. Like I said I have only ever shot a G17 before.

4. W4CNG

W4CNG

It is a rocking gun. Long slide, very good feel in the hand and balance, plus the power of the .40S&W cartridge. I have one that is set up for IPSC and also shoot IDPA with it. Get extra 15 round mags for it, like 10+. Go get some mag extensions that can give you 19+ rounds in the gun. Do shoot it 1K rounds to break in the gun and get things polished. There are many things you can to to/with the gun that will make it better. The best I did was an after market barrel that has a closer chamber than the Glock one. You want to reload ammo for this gun and if it is once fired Glock rounds, you will need a GRX re-sizing tool to get the bulge out of the cases. I have one and process all 40S&W brass thru it. Good luck with your new gun!!!

5. Nicko

Nicko GTDS FOR LIFE

Welcome to the forum Ryan92 :wavey:

6. Ryan92

Ryan92

What is the proper break in procedure?? (I know I know, SEARCH!!)

I am afraid to reload from reading about it. I am afraid of a case failure.. :crying:

I have no idea what the hell you are talking about with the "Glock rounds" and "bulge out of the case".... :dunno:

7. TH237

TH237

Welcome to the forum.
    A good thing about the 35 is you can get a 9mm conversion barrel for it and then also have a 34, sort of.

8. metro273

metro273 Glock 19 Rocks!

9. Ryan92

Ryan92

10. dc2integra

dc2integra

11. TeddyB

TeddyB

Permit me to explain. Glock Combat Pistols achieve a remarkable level of reliability by having loose tolerance. This reduces the need for heavy lubrication and easy of operation. The term Glock Bulge comes from a wide latitude cartridge chamber in the barrels. This permits easy entry but when detonated the cartridge will swell to the wider dimension of the chamber. When reloading used brass it will need to be re sized in a die to bring it back to its original dimensions. As a rule of thumb you should only use fired brass once!

12. den888

den888

Welcome to GT !

13. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Ok, can someone here make a comparison in accuracy between the G-22 and the G-35? Is there a really noticeable difference? Also, how are the overall handling characteristics of the 35 compared to the 22? :wavey:

14. greatwun

greatwun Senior Member

15. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Another hearty welcome!

16. MSgt Dotson

MSgt Dotson

Perhaps there are pistols that could use some sort of 'break-in ritual'; the Glock 35 is not one of them.

Buy/reload ammo, shoot, repeat as necessary, religously cleaning it every year or so.... :)

17. G-30Jet

G-30Jet

Not to hijack the thread, but I cannot totally agree that brass should only be fired once. It depends upon the cartridge and the power factor. The 40 round has a bad rep for KB's that somehow gets it catigorized as a bad round. Many factors are a contributor to this.

If your goal is to train, you cant be throwing away brass just because you fired and reloaded it once. Overstressed (glocksmile) brass should be discarded, however not all load combinations cause this phenominon.

Repeated rechambering of a round from the magazine will eventually cause an overall shorter round that raises case pressures. Find a good medium pressure jacketed or plated load your Glock likes and stick with it for practice.

I have 40 brass that has been loaded multiple times, perhaps as much as 7-8 times, without issues. I do not have a zeal for highest velocity on practice rounds so my brass lasts a long time.

Loads that I have worked up to match defense loads also do not leave glocksmiles. There is a slight swelling of the chamber feed ramp area but it is resized in the loading process. The "pregnant" looking brass is something to watch for.

18. MSgt Dotson

MSgt Dotson

I would, however, limit it's useful lifetime to perhaps 6-8 loadings; once it has been fired, reused, reloaded perhaps ten -fifteen times, you are risking case head seps, IMO. (my friend had 4 seps in 3-4 months before he confessed to using 4 yr old brass that had been reloaded to uspsa major perhaps fifteen times.)

19. Ryan92

Ryan92

Well today was the day! I went in today to pick up my new G35 and look at what all I walked out with...

[​IMG]

TWO GUNS!!

Glock G35 on the top left, Glock G17 on the bottom right.

:devildance::bluesbrothers:

20. RedHaze

RedHaze Handgunner