close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Yugo SKS FTF

Discussion in 'SKS Carbiners' started by M1a65, Mar 5, 2010.

1. M1a65

M1a65

Hi guys, Anyone else having a problem with their Yugo SKS having a failure to eject/FTF? Picked up a gun from AIM 2 years ago and just now got it cleaned propperly and removed the nasty cosmoline out of it. It will function just fine if I hand cycle the action and yes the rifle is not in the grenade launch position with the gas selector...

2. deathpriest

deathpriest

Is this stock or with removable magazine. I have one with removable magazine, purchased like that, and the only magazine that it likes is the tapco 20 rnds, so far.

Blessings

3. RED64CJ5

RED64CJ5

A common thing I see is people do not clean the bolt assembly thoroughly.

This may seem odd, but toss the bolt into a pot of boiling water and see how much cosmoline bubbles up to the top. If there is more than a small drop or two of cosmoline, you will need to disassemble the bolt and make sure the firing pin moves freely.

4. M1a65

M1a65

It's the stock metal hinged 20 rounder. I cleaned the bolt pretty good wityh brake degreaser, I'll tear it down this time and check for more gooey cosmoline. Thanks for the replys! I had also heard from some other guys with Yugo's the due to them being fired primarialy with corrosive ammo the gas system may be letting gas pass thru the selector. I'll be digging deeper into it this weekend (time/children permitting!). I'll keep you posted. ~F