Yuge! Chuck Grassley To Proceed To Confirm Kavanaugh!

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by robhic, Sep 19, 2018.

1. smoke

smoke

I disagree - an off site interview, maybe in writing with no grilling will not be the same.

2. First shot

First shot

Personally, I think that most are still scared stiff of the media and what might be said about them. You know..That list that Rush does so well...Racist, sexist, homophobe etc...Sometimes I wonder how they can even go to the toilet without testing the political water or wind...Spineless doesn't come close... Helpless would be closer.. After Kavanaugh is appointed, they'll be patting each other on the back and saying what a great job we've done... Great day for America and all that blah,blah, blah..

3. JFrame

JFrame

Yup... Sometimes (most of the time), they're too busy sticking their respective fingers in the air to see which way the political wind is blowing.

That's what separates them from a non-politician like President Trump. He just does what he believes is right and proper, and damn the consequences.

robhic, Doc McGlock, hogship and 7 others like this.
  4. paul45

paul45

I believe that Deep State Ryan and his fellow RINOs are too flaccid to be as aggressive as Democrats are.

Feckless, flaccid, fearful.

hogship, railfancwb and First shot like this.
  5. Deltic

Deltic

Why would we want 2 more weeks of this BS? If they can get it done sooner is better.

railfancwb, garya1961 and JFrame like this.
  6. Quijibo

Quijibo King Doofus.

As soon as she said she would not testify without an FBI investigation they should have scheduled the vote. Who the F is she to demand a federal investigation when there was no felony?
    Just a big fat stall tactic.

7. TeaDub

TeaDub

I'd rather seat Kavanaugh before the session begins. The Senate is very different from the HOR. A single senator can gum up the works for a day or more. Added together, the time adds up. Also, unlike the HOR, McConnell is dealing with a handful of extra stupid GOP members. Flake, Collins, et al. Wishing they would use common sense is futile. Voters keep putting them back in office.

McConnell and Grassley have to play the hand they are dealt. They know they are holding a few idiots. Those idiots are still needed to get to 51. A little better scheduling would have this done before Oct 1.

Probably not a huge deal. Kavanaugh looks to be missing only a few, smaller cases. It could have been avoided.

hogship likes this.
  8. G29guy06

G29guy06

...they should probably focus on appeasing their constituents....tick tock....

Lethaltxn likes this.
  9. G29guy06

G29guy06

I would LOVE to see a Dem vote to confirm him just to see what the fallout would be against that Dem...

Ghost doctor and railfancwb like this.
  10. OXMYX

OXMYX

Fake Tweet, Fake News.

They will NOT vote as regularly scheduled.

11. army_eod

army_eod US Army Retired, EOD, PM, PMP

This is finished. They will vote asap.
    Anybody notice that the alleged non-incident occurred when they were both minors. Children. Parent's responsible. Next.

Steady Glockin and railfancwb like this.
  12. Karambit777

Karambit777

Dems are crazy desperate. If this stunt doesn’t stop or delay the vote before the elections, then they have another plan waiting right after this one.

Time to ignore the circus, and get down to business. Just wonder what the next delay tactic will be?

railfancwb and JFrame like this.
  13. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

Yep, even the press saw that when she and her lawyer overstepped. The press isn’t calling her a liar but they aren’t backing her with the full righteousness they normally would. They know this one would blow up in their face if they did.

Caver 60 and railfancwb like this.
  14. aircarver

aircarver Descent Terminated Silver Member

Can you IMAGINE what the Ginsburg replacement hearings will be like ! .... :wow: ... :alex:

15. Borg Warner

Borg Warner Free Full Clip!

I'm just glad that a single Republican finally grew a pair of BALLS.:mad:

16. DocCasualty

DocCasualty Wolverine

I’ve been thinking the same thing.

The most disheartening part of this process is obviously the Dems have no independent thought process in this. They are all in lockstep with Schumer et al. I understand that with the high profile members but don’t believe every Dem Senator “No Name” from podunk is necessarily a hardcore idealogue. Yet they all vote as a tight block. There were like 3 votes out of a hundred against Ginsburg in the Senate? What a double standard. Or maybe it’s time the Republicans learned to play hardball too.

Caver 60, railfancwb and aircarver like this.
  17. First shot

First shot

Maybe somebody grew a pair but I always thought once a eunuch, always a eunuch... My guess is that the only growing done was growing tired... So many Republicans (in both Houses of congress) have become touchy-feely, mamby-pamby, weenies that wouldn't say s*** if they stepped in it.. Don't know why, but it sure seems like that's what we've ended up with to me...

railfancwb likes this.
  18. AgentM79

AgentM79

Damn the torpedoes!!!! All in for future Justice Brett Kavanaugh. MAGA!!!! BTW, to HELL with Diane Frankenfeinstein, Schmuck Schumer, Maxine "Aunt Esther" Waters, and (of course) Crooked Hillary Clinton. And Joy a**hole Behar, too.

19. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

Just heard Grassley set new deadline for accuser to Friday morning?!

grumpy1 likes this.
  20. rj1939

rj1939

Where the movie "Poor White Trash" was filmed
    McCaskel, who is in a fight for her privileged life, this election, has come out and said she will vote against Kavanaugh........................in a red state, that might be suicide, ..........hopefully is suicide.