close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Youth GSSF shooters

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by BigZeke, Sep 10, 2002.

1. BigZeke

BigZeke

I'm 14 and am considering shooting in a GSSF match, can you guys give me some info on if i can shoot? how have guys in my category done? ne thing else I'd really appreciate it.

Zeke;o

2. Lew-G17

Lew-G17

Hi BigZeke,

Check out http://www.gssfonline.com/ which is the official GSSF web site, read all the links since there is lots of information. I quickly looked at the information on Juniors and did not find a minimum age. If you have an interest in it go for it. It is easy competetion shooting and the Amatuer Civilian class has is bracketed so that it is possible for anyone to win in their bracket.

If you happen to be in NC, SC, or GA, let me know and I can get you together with some experienced shooters that can give you some help.

Good luck!

3. TrooperDan

TrooperDan

Hey BigZeke;
    Welcome! There are a few junior shooters and we always need more. There is even a special price for the high male and female junior shooters. A couple of the juniors have done very well, placing in the top ten of a class.

The next match is Conyers, near Atlanta 28-29 September. Just remember to SLOW DOWN! The emphasis is on accuracy first. Keep them in the center and you will do well, even if your time isn't very fast.

You'll recieve a lot of friendship and assistance and appreciation just for entering.

Dan in NC

4. BigZeke

BigZeke

Thanx for the tips. I live in GA and will be at the one in Conyers, or I should be at least. It would be great to meet you guys, u can private message me, or e-mail me, i think it's on my profile, if not just private message me.

Zeke;o

5. Apprentice

Apprentice

Yes, if I have anything to do with it, BigZeke will be there. He's my son! I expect he'll be shooting our G19. Trooper Dan speaketh the truth! I'll need someone to remind me of that advice when I'm up. Especially on those plates!
    Looking forward to it!
    Hey BigZeke, I'd make a little wager on scores if I had the money to lose.
    ;)

6. BigJon

BigJon

... and I've seen 'em both shoot! Apprentice is just plain dog nuts with a handgun, and Zeke? Well, let's just say that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Regards,
    Jon

P.S. - Oh, and no, Zeke - they won't let you compete in a GSSF match with a Garand. ;f

7. Apprentice

Apprentice

Ohhh thanks a million BigJon! You haven't seen those GSSF plate mocking me. Mocking me badly. LOL

8. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Ah, the amazing, shrinking plates! It took me several matches before I got them all down.;Q