GlockTalk Forum banner

101 - 120 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Are all laws, such as the NFA, limiting firearms BS? Yes

Is an alphabet agency making up new rules BS? Yes

How many people bought AR pistols with the intent to shoot them as a pistol? Very few

Is everything the ATF, or any other alphabet agency for that matter, Trump’s fault? No

Will things be worse under Biden, and even more so under Harris after Biden is removed? Definitely

Everyone knows that the “AR pistol” is a workaround for the NFA. I for one agree that A: we shouldn’t need a workaround, and B: manufacturers should exploit the letter of the law as much as possible to give us what the politicians don’t want us to have. Almost no one buys or builds these things to use as a pistol. They’re used to avoid unreasonable wait times, fees, as well as restrictions on when, where, and how short barreled defensive rifles can be used or possessed. All good things which shouldn’t need to be in the first place.

With that said, no one should be surprised that the alphabet agency will at some point jam it in 5th gear and head down this road. If you’re complaining it’s happening now you better buckle up, cause it ain’t gonna be better any time soon. I hope all you “I voted third party because Trump personally showed up at my house and confiscated my bump stock” folks are happy. And if you voted for Biden or stayed home, well let’s just say you really have no place to speak on this.

At least Trump was trying to move the courts in a conservative direction which could have held off some of this BS.

·
Banned
35,021 Posts
It is legal to make a pistol from a registered SBR; or more correctly, have a registered SBR in a pistol configuration. Technically, it is still an SBR. The example is the wide variety of pistols with attachable shoulder stocks, the stock does not have to remain attached.
As you said it is not a pistol. It is an SBR.

A weapon made from a rifle requires an NFA stamp.

If you look at the ATF letter to SBT one of the characteristics that is not approved is if the arm brace mimics a typical shoulder stocks. Look at what the ATF underlined.

SBT.JPG

·
Banned
35,021 Posts
Ok....take the brace off

When then? Use the buffer tube as a cheek rest which you can do and still not shoulder it..

Does that fall within compliance?

Who knows?
Most likely. Unless it is a rifle length tube and "length of pull" is over 13.5 inches.

·
Banned
35,021 Posts
Are all laws, such as the NFA, limiting firearms BS? Yes

Is an alphabet agency making up new rules BS? Yes

How many people bought AR pistols with the intent to shoot them as a pistol? Very few

Is everything the ATF, or any other alphabet agency for that matter, Trump’s fault? No

Will things be worse under Biden, and even more so under Harris after Biden is removed? Definitely

Everyone knows that the “AR pistol” is a workaround for the NFA. I for one agree that A: we shouldn’t need a workaround, and B: manufacturers should exploit the letter of the law as much as possible to give us what the politicians don’t want us to have. Almost no one buys or builds these things to use as a pistol. They’re used to avoid unreasonable wait times, fees, as well as restrictions on when, where, and how short barreled defensive rifles can be used or possessed. All good things which shouldn’t need to be in the first place.

With that said, no one should be surprised that the alphabet agency will at some point jam it in 5th gear and head down this road. If you’re complaining it’s happening now you better buckle up, cause it ain’t gonna be better any time soon. I hope all you “I voted third party because Trump personally showed up at my house and confiscated my bump stock” folks are happy. And if you voted for Biden or stayed home, well let’s just say you really have no place to speak on this.

At least Trump was trying to move the courts in a conservative direction which could have held off some of this BS.
Something else that a pistol has (at least where I live).. it is not legal to carry a rifle concealed. It is legal to carry pistols concealed. So a rifle in a backpack is likely illegal (depending upon which jurisdiction a person is in) but a pistol with CCW is not.

Reactions: nrajeff

·
Registered
396 Posts
Ok....take the brace off

When then? Use the buffer tube as a cheek rest which you can do and still not shoulder it..

Does that fall within compliance?

Who knows?
correct. If the brace offends you, take it off. AR pistols have been legal long before there was even the idea of a brace. And no, it doesn’t have to be a smooth pistol brace, a std. M4 receiver extension is legal BUT it has been brought up that if you had a spare stock lying in your parts bin that MIGHT be viewed as ‘intent to build’. But this discussion is about the brace, not the pistol itself.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The level of fudd, fake so called 2A supporting gun owners, gun owners who have been brainwashed into spewing and using antigun verbiage and talking points (without even realizing it), and who do not know the law are very concerning. It's people like this who will be our downfall. They all live in a house at the end of a long street, and will sit back and watch a fire incrementally spread house to house to house. All the while thinking in their mind it's not their problem, and they shouldn't do anything to help fight the fire until the fire is at their front door. It's utterly stupid and shows a lack of intelligence IMHO.

·
Registered
426 Posts
They're okay and don't want to fight the antigunner incremental agenda. It's called conditioning. Most would fight like hell if someone tried to take a few acres of your land. If they take an inch however, you wouldn't like it, but you deal with it because it's not worth the trouble, money, and court battle. Then time passes, and you get comfortable, and they take another inch. Then slow slowly but surely, another one. Then you eventually pass and your loved ones who inherited the house move in. They don't really remember or know about how much land you use to own, so they don't have the same feeling of loss or injustice that started brewing up in you before you passed. When the government comes and takes another inch, they feel the same way you did at first... Thoses inches eventually add up. That pretty much sums up true patriots vs sheeple. People who will fight for every inch of freedom for the greater good of everyone else, and those will sit back giving it away little by little.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Everyone talking about no compromise, are members of SAF and GOA, and not just Negotiating Rights Away, right?

Reactions: nrajeff and Joshhtn

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,482 Posts
From what I have heard the "braces" that are now illegal were never recognized by the ATF or legal in the first place. A brace has to have more than just a strap to be a brace.
ATF has a system in place to me sure that the brace can in fact be used as a brace before being recognized as a brace. Supposedly, this all started over a company that had two braces recognized by the ATF as braces. But, then marketed 20 something more that had not been recognized by the ATF.
However, on the website all it said was recognized by the ATF. The ATF called them out saying only two were recognized as braces the others needed to be submitted for approval. People took that and twisted it around into something it wasn't and here we are.

At least that is the info I have seen.

Reactions: syntaxerrorsix

·
Anti-Federalist
19,081 Posts
From what I have heard the "braces" that are now illegal were never recognized by the ATF or legal in the first place. A brace has to have more than just a strap to be a brace.
ATF has a system in place to me sure that the brace can in fact be used as a brace before being recognized as a brace. Supposedly, this all started over a company that had two braces recognized by the ATF as braces. But, then marketed 20 something more that had not been recognized by the ATF.
However, on the website all it said was recognized by the ATF. The ATF called them out saying only two were recognized as braces the others needed to be submitted for approval. People took that and twisted it around into something it wasn't and here we are.

At least that is the info I have seen.
This is accurate save for the strap. There are braces that are approved and do not have one.

·
9,482 Posts
This is accurate save for the strap. There are braces that are approved and do not have one.
I have to take your word for it. All of them I have seen have a strap.. But honestly these aren't my thing. Just parroting info I have been given.

·
9,482 Posts
The KAK shockwave has no strap and the atf letter says as much.
Again, not my thing. I just glance at the pistol brace stuff as I continue walking through to the stuff I prefer. Just adding what I have seen to the conversation. I only checked into it in the first place because some people were acting like the world was ending.

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
Except that I have two that were legally purchased......it’s unacceptable to allow retroactive prosecution.
Exactly. It is violation of a constitutional right (govt. shall not seize private property without compensation) and established law (ex post facto is a no-no) and I don't understand why it was allowed to stand.

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
When the Las Vegas shooting occurred, I tried to defend the "Bump stock is not a machine gun" to people I know who are not gun enthusiasts. It was impossible. They hear the rapid fire, its a machine gun to them.
So we should give up rights because some people are too stupid to recognize the reality of those rights? Heck no. That is unacceptable where rights are concerned. What if some people were too stupid to realize that slavery was wrong? We should have given up on defending people's right to be considered non-chattel?

We all knew it was only a matter of time before some looney tunes went off and used one in a criminal act against innocent civilians.
That is an obvious slippery slope that could see you saying, in the future, "We all knew it was only a matter of time before some looney tunes went off and used a Hellcat or Corvette while drunk or street racing, and killed innocent civilians" as surrender language when those cars are banned. In fact, such equivocation has probably been used regarding semi-auto firearms--some psycho or terrorist uses a Springfield Saint or a 1911 .45 ACP to kill innocent people, and the fascists can say "We have a precedent for banning and confiscating semi-autos--we did it when a bump stock was used by a murderer, and there was no pushback."

We have to pick our battles.
We should pick any and every battle that is waged against our rights. Otherwise we are that neighbor at the end of the street who condones the houses up the street being burned because we shouldn't get involved in THOSE fires.

The bump stock and the brace are not hills to die on.
True. They are hills we should conquer on. Then the enemy might think twice before attacking us on any other hills, and we will have prevented some battles.

·
Banned
35,021 Posts
If SB Tactical were smart, they would be getting out front on this and addressing the issue.

Reactions: nrajeff
101 - 120 of 164 Posts