GlockTalk Forum banner

81 - 100 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
How about No! There are not enough jails to hold everyone or limp you know what's to enforce it. Stand up. Thats the whole problem here, radical dems dont like something and its mass riots. Republicans quietly ***** among themselves and choke down another infringement on our rights. Also, charging as a felon and convicting as a felon are two wildly different things.

·
Banned
263 Posts
Last time I checked the ATF was not part of the legislature. Why do we accept them creating law on a whim? They change their minds more often than Imelda Marcos changed shoes, who can keep up with all their BS.
Joe Biden may become President and now the ATF are dishing out new laws/policies or whatever you want to call it. Any of it seems strange to you ?

·
NRA Benefactor Life Member
3,355 Posts
If this forum represents gun owners No wonder we lost the election
Trump has not lost the election. It is all a media projection based on widespread fraud. Trump won the popular vote in a landslide. The media has no authority to call an election. Zero. The electoral college has not even assembled yet. The GSA calls it and they are waiting. Two large lawsuits were just filed in GA and MI. There are court cases pending and developing. It might go to the SCOTUS or congress even. Biden did not win the election.

·
NRA Benefactor Life Member
3,355 Posts
It's not advice. An M4 has a 14.5" barrel so you are going to have to SBR with a stamp or put an APPROVED pistol brace on it.
Not if the muzzle device is pinned and welded to make OAL of barrel over 16 inches.

·
Premium Member
3,747 Posts
Save up for the real fight. The core of gun ownership. ..
Any infringement on the 2A is the real fight. "The right of the people shall not be infringed."

It doesn't say "Only the core of the right shall not be infringed...the rest of it is infringeable, and the govt. is free to arbitrarily define and redefine what the core is."

·
Anti-Federalist
18,938 Posts
Not if the muzzle device is pinned and welded to make OAL of barrel over 16 inches.

Then it wouldn't be an M4(gery) anymore.

·
Anti-Federalist
18,938 Posts
Again. Be careful.

It is not legal to make a pistol from a rifle.

Per ATF

"A weapon made from a rifle is also a firearm subject to the NFA if the weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length."

So the pistol needs to be made from a receiver that was never a rifle or it needs to be a pistol.

But if the 4473 has "rifle" on it, dont make it into a pistol.

I can build a pistol or a rifle out of a stripped lower. You are acting like I don't know the rules. I've built quite a few pistols and rifles. I know how it works.

Stripped lowers are sold as "Other" not pistol or rifle.

When I say build I don't mean merely attaching an upper to a lower. I mean I take a stripped lower and all the other Legos required to assemble what I like and put it together. Maybe that's the disconnect.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Any infringement on the 2A is the real fight. "The right of the people shall not be infringed."

It doesn't say "Only the core of the right shall not be infringed...the rest of it is infringeable, and the govt. is free to arbitrarily define and redefine what the core is."
while i agree 100% with your sentiment it is not the world we are in right now. The fight is on multiple levels and fronts. You pick a battle you can win and move the correct agenda forward. This is not one of them. Just like the NRA pushing for national CWP reciprocity. Its not going to happen. A better fight would have been state/city level bans on class of firearms, ammunition and magazine restrictions.

any general worth a salt knows you have to win the right battles to win the war.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
If you look for 30 seconds you will find approval letters for all these braces. But they are comming for them.

·
Anti-Federalist
18,938 Posts
If you look for 30 seconds you will find approval letters for all these braces. But they are comming for them.

SB Tactical only has two approval letters for two specific braces. The other 23 they make were never submitted for the approval.

·
Anti-Federalist
18,938 Posts
Hold on now. How is any of that legal? The law doesn't just change because the ATF says so.
The law didn't change. SBT failed to get approval for new products.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Hold on now. How is any of that legal? The law doesn't just change because the ATF says so.
The National Firearms Act and the Gun Control Act gives ATF the authority to issue regulations defining provisions in these laws. ATF regulations define terms in the laws like what is a pistol, sporting use, concealable, etc. So for example, ATF isn't creating a new statute but could redefine the term pistol in existing law to say firearms that weigh greater than xx ounces aren't designed to be fired with one hand. So the AR couldn't then be considered a pistol.

·
Anti-Federalist
18,938 Posts

·
Registered
13,472 Posts
When the Las Vegas shooting occurred, I tried to defend the "Bump stock is not a machine gun" to people I know who are not gun enthusiasts.
It was impossible. They hear the rapid fire, its a machine gun to them.
We all knew it was only a matter of time before some looney tunes went off and used one in a criminal act against innocent civilians.
The brace was a problem waiting to happen. If it was used in a criminal act, good luck trying to defend the "its not really a SBR".
We have to pick our battles.
The bump stock and the brace are not hills to die on.

81 - 100 of 164 Posts