Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ATF says 23 "braces" are now stocks. They're now SBR's.

I never really cared for AR pistols but any bureaucracy making law and/or changing law is unconstitutional, plain and simple.

They think Biden will be sworn in as president...........hold onto you socks folks, it's going to be rough for a while.

Should this be in the Political Forum? If so, my apologies.

Just saw the other thread.........delete if you like.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Oh my that was painful to try to watch. Just put a link to actual ATF legit document.

i am 100% 2a. If this is true and you did not see something coming? If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck it must be a duck. Do you want to leave it up to some bureaucratic jack leg to tell the difference between theses devices.

braces, bump stocks, binary triggers and such is just flirting with disaster. Save your capital energy and fight for when they come to take your Glock 17 or M4 AR.

·
JAFO
4,577 Posts
I'll preface this by announcing that I'm not a Fudd and that I believe that every law abiding American should be able to possess any firearm that they so desire. That said, anyone who could keep a straight face and call an AR a 'pistol' in the first place was just trying to convince themself that it wasn't a SBR. It was a nice loophole while it lasted, but what now?

braces, bump stocks, binary triggers and such is just flirting with disaster. Save your capital energy and fight for when they come to take your Glock 17 or M4 AR.
And they are definitely going to come after these firearms. Where will it stop--10 round magazines, 7, 5, 3? What 'features' will they start with this time? Muzzle-brakes, pistol-grips, retractable stocks?

Will the proposed AWB include the language "any firearm capable of accepting a magazine of more than 10 rounds"? We have seen that these people have no boundaries when it comes to doing away with The Second Amendment.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
This is what started it. Not saying I agree, but is anyone actually surprised?

Trump set the precedent that they don't have to grandfather things that were legal when purchased.

Screenshot_20201011-121932.png

·
Registered
609 Posts
This is my point. Save up for the real fight. The core of gun ownership. I do not think I will ever see SCOTUS rule on a clean 2a opinion. Think what you want, the swamp is very alive. They will chip away at it piece by piece.

You want your Ghost Gun, fine, spend all your $$ and political public capital fighting for what we know can be considered a de-facto grey area. The average joe is not going to side with you. They are just too disconnected from the issue.

When they start with mag capacity ban, or core features, then its time to push it all the way to the SCOTUS.

Nope, instead we put chest thumper videos on YouTube about this and that. You are just feeding the fire for the left. "Look at what these right wing nuts are doing".

You must be smart and save for the good fight. You also must recognize the fight you have a chance to win. These brace devices are not one of the winnable fights IMHO.

·
JAFO
4,577 Posts
So will the, "trying not laugh here" NRA even challenge this? Or hopefully the GOA pickup this legal torch.
The 'shell' that is left of the NRA after it imploded isn't in much of a position to do anything. Wayne LaPierre is probably sitting in his mansion saying "well, that's too bad".

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I did not find anything on the ATF website? Not saying it is not there I did not find it in a quick search.

·
King Doofus.
5,891 Posts
I'm honestly more worried about my stamped SBRs. They are all getting pinned 14.7s and are coming off the books.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
ScottMn At lease add a up to date link !

The ammoland info is using info from 2018 .
Lets see a november 2020 dated AFT info .

To date I can't find were the oringinal SB15 is illegal be it a SB tactical brand or sig sb15

·
Registered
338 Posts
Much like bump stocks, I think these 'workaround' products (like, as mentioned above, bump stocks, binary triggers and AR pistols) do essentially attempt to thwart the intent of a specific law. While I disagree (strongly) with those laws, it doesn't seem like the time to fight is when they ban pistol 'braces', but when they ban short barreled rifles.

All these loophole-exploiting products have, to me, a short life expectancy. Not how it should be, but controverting the will of the law with a gimmick isn't the ultimate solution.

Larry

1 - 20 of 164 Posts