Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What occurs to me often is when you are fighting for your life in a gun battle you are probably not going to be very aware of the round count you have left. Training is important always but wouldn’t it be cool if you had an warning that let you know that you have, let’s say, 3 rounds remaining before re-load time or especially before you are flat out of ammo.

I thought of an idea. What do you think about this ?:

I carry federal HST 150gr micro in my Carry Guns. Lower recoil and flash. What if I were to load the 4th to the last round in my mags with Corban +P ?

I tried it today at the range and there was a note worthy different but I am back to I am not sure if I would notice that in the middle of the fight?

Thoughts ?

·
Kwisatz Haderach in Training
4,062 Posts
What occurs to me often is when you are fighting for your life in a gun battle you are probably not going to be very aware of the round count you have left. Training is important always but wouldn’t it be cool if you had an warning that let you know that you have, let’s say, 3 rounds remaining before re-load time or especially before you are flat out of ammo.

I thought of an idea. What do you think about this ?:

I carry federal HST 150gr micro in my Carry Guns. Lower recoil and flash. What if I were to load the 4th to the last round in my mags with Corban +P ?

I tried it today at the range and there was a note worthy different but I am back to I am not sure if I would notice that in the middle of the fight?
Thoughts ?
This was done in viet nam. They would load a tracer or two before hitting bottom.
How many rounds do you think you're going to need for how many gunfights you think you're going to be in?
Remember a pistol is a convenience weapon. You strap on and go about your business. Hands free. When you expect trouble, grab the boom stick, discrete single projectile or splatter fire.
The people I've talked to that have loosed the barking irons were not aware of recoil, blast or noise. MASSIVE tachypsychia. YMMV

·
Registered
7,212 Posts
Won’t notice. You’d have more luck rigging up an LED light to your mag that would trigger when you were near empty.

Oh! How bout a buzzer like the Dillon press. That sound is so annoying it gets me putting new primers or powder in the press as fast as I can move!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This was done in viet nam. They would load a tracer or two before hitting bottom.
How many rounds do you think you're going to need for how many gunfights you think you're going to be in?
Remember a pistol is a convenience weapon. You strap on and go about your business. Hands free. When you expect trouble, grab the boom stick, discrete single projectile or splatter fire.
The people I've talked to that have loosed the barking irons were not aware of recoil, blast or noise. MASSIVE tachypsychia. YMMV
The idea for me is prepare for the worst and hopefully never ever have to use it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
You will not notice it when your adrenaline is pumping hard. Try to count, but that also may fail you. The best thing you can do is practice reloading under pressure. Run, stop, shoot, reload. Then all over again. This simulates what adrenaline will do to you under stress. Add in someone screaming at you, more stress. Have friends load your mags and let them put fired cases into your mags to simulate malfunctions, more stress.

The key is to get used to stress and being able to control it to some degree, that way when something goes wrong you are better equipped to handle Mr. Murphy.

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Hi OP,do you hunt? the reason i ask is every time i’ve shot a deer i’ve never heard the blast or felt the recoil due to adrenaline,i think this would also reference to any type of stressful shooting.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.