Glock Talk banner

Your favorite Resterant??

4K views 52 replies 39 participants last post by  Saturn 
#1 ·
Ok now we have a food forum so we can talk about are favorite resterants out there?? One of mine is the Outback SteakHouse,get me a huge Steak with a baked potato and a gallon of Sweet tea and i am sitting good^7

#8 ·
Let's see...

Phoenix, AZ area:

1. Vincent's on Camelback Road. This guy puts some interesting southwestern twists into his French cooking. Service is great and low snobbery level. Double thumbs-up!!!

2. Pizzeria Bianco. This pizza joint is killer!!! All fresh ingredients cooked in a wood oven. The waitstaff are composed entirely of hot chicks!!! Yee-haw!

Los Angeles/Southern Kali area:

1. Valentino on Santa Monica Blvd. The best food, the best wine list, the best service, low snob appeal (rather surprising since that the Hollywood and Beverly Hils crowds are right there). No jacket required even though it's a fancy joint - gotta love it. I come here usually by myself or one of my good friends for some mean grubbin'!

2. L'Orangerie in Beverly Hills. Spectacular classic French gourmet cuisine. Impressive wine list. Jacket required. I'd usually take a decent date to this place for a romantic dinner.

3. Citronelle in Santa Barbara. Same as Valentino. I usually take a very nice date to this place for a romantic lunch and sometimes dinner, but mostly lunch. The drive is spectacular and lends the mood.

4. 71 Palm Restaurant in Ventura. This place is more affordable than the other three. The food isn't quite as exquisite, but still very decent on its own. Friendly staff and great non-pretentious French country cooking. The booze is not marked up too badly. A comfortable and cozy dining joint.

San Francisco Bay Area:

1. Lalime's in Berkeley. Excellent continental gourmet food. Excellent service. Friendly atmosphere. Definitely non-snobbish attitude. I wore my "Tommy FALFiger" T-shirt to that joint and the waitstaff didn't even bat an eye. The wine list is rather modest. Not enough Bordeaux and Burgundy for my liking. The menu changes monthly which is rather refreshing.

2. Chez Panisse in Berkeley. Supposedly the ne plus ultra of Bay Area gourmet cuisine. I personally find it only a little bit better than Lalime's.

#11 ·
Kansas City, MO....The Majestic. It's on the National Register of Historic Places and is a former speakeasy. The food is simply superb. Prime cut of juicy red steak cooked over a grill the way God intended it.

Orlando, FL....... Emiril's. No, it isn't hype. The man can cook. Doesn't have the atmosphere of The Majestic but then the service at The Majestic won't leave you speechless either.

Day in day out anywhere.. TGIFridays.

#14 ·
Tumbleweed.

Man, I just love their sirloin! Give me some of their chips and cheese dip!

...oh, and a Foster's to compliment the steak.

;f

#17 ·
Hacienda Colorado has to be one of my absolute favorites for dinner, and El Amigo in Golden is pretty good too. For lunch, Brother's BBQ is my favorite. They are only in Colorado and have all won awards. As far as a national chain, I go to some, but I can't really say any are my favorites. I've eatan at some of the 5 star, take out a loan to eat at restaurants in Vail, Aspen, etc. but the consistently best meals I have had have been at the Redstone Inn in Redstone, CO. Great food at a very decent price. Outback is pretty good, but the waits can be over an hour. I do like Johnny Carinos too which is fairly new to the Denver area. Qdoba makes pretty decent fast food burritos and I'll settle for Chipotle. I tend to drift towards BBQ and Mexican since my wife is an excellent cook, but does not make Mexican or BBQ much.

#20 ·
Two jump to mind:

1)Baton Rouge- Montreal, Quebec-right near where they hold the Jazz Festival...

Keeping in mind I've never been to N'awlins, I had the best BBQ ribs ever here. Yum! Also, the booze and beer is fairly cheap, and you can get Sleiman's (sp?) which is a delicious ale apparently only available in Canada.

2)Portofino's- Staatsburg, NY- A few miles from Hyde Park, NY, for frame of reference...

Best damned Italian food I've ever had. Bar None!!! Seafood, Meat, Pasta, Wine, all delicious!!!

#22 ·
Originally posted by JeepDriver
Cape May, NJ: Lobster House, 2 Mile Landing
I used to spend my summers in Wildwood...and I ate lunch and dinner there all the time...the lump crab meat appetizer is one of my favorites!

#24 ·
Originally posted by ExxoticOne
I used to spend my summers in Wildwood...and I ate lunch and dinner there all the time...the lump crab meat appetizer is one of my favorites!
OOH, OOOHHH!!!

I used to live in Cape May!!! I've been to those restaurants!!! I haven't been to Wildwood since the late 80's but I remember the funnel cakes and gigantic baskets of curly fries...oh so good^c ^c ^c ^c ^c ^c

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.