GlockTalk Forum banner

81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,089 Posts
It takes all kinds of critters to make farmer Vincent's fritters.
I don't think he cut their tongues out, but it's been a while since I've seen it.
He did something to make them silent. It's been awhile for me too, but I remember the bags moving and making little grunting sounds.
What a hoot.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The Nightmare on Elm St. movies were always my favorite. I think it's because part 3 was the first movie I saw at the theatre when I was 5

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
28,480 Posts
"Insidious" is pretty good as far as horror flicks go. I believe there are 4 different movies so far in the series.
The original one was the last movie I saw that was actually scary.

·
Custom Title Goes Here
1,144 Posts
"White Chicks" - the script..., no, the entire damn movie is so horrible it's scary. The Wayans bros. dressed up as white girls is absolutely horrifying.

·
Registered
953 Posts
It may be hard to find but try watching "Kwaidan".
It's a collection of four classic Japanese Ghost stories, "Hoichi the Earless"is one of them and is a great story to watch.

oceanwarrior

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
The Thing (1952)
Them
The Creature from the Black Lagoon
Godzilla (the original)
The Prophecy
Tremors
Mimic
Fright Night
Alien
Event Horizon
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Halloween (the original with Jamie Lee Curtis)
The Exorcist

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've seen too many monsters in real life to be scared by a movie. Took wife and daughter to see Scream 1 when it came out, they screamed, I laughed.

·
Wolverine
8,825 Posts
When the witch came out, i was super stoked to see it. Then i watched it and put it on my list of top 10 worst movies. I guess i wanted it to be more about a big bad witch and not all religion. It was very weird to me.
Personal taste in movies is just that and I wouldn’t try to change your mind. However, I would submit that religion is what made the movie. It was set in a time where the main characters were living there because of religion. It was because of religion that they believed in witches and that the Devil manifested himself in their world. It was their religion that shunned them to the wilderness where they lacked protection from the forces of evil. I could go on but believe you get my point.

Too bad you didn’t like it but I would say this movie stood up well on many objective film parameters and IMHO it was a good supernatural story that was told well.

Pretty sure I first learned of it on a similar thread on GT a couple of years back.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
2020 Election Debates

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
688767DA-3720-4E1E-8A4E-6CFE181FF6CB.jpeg

Not scary but a tradition.

When we can we try to see the live Stage Show at midnight on Halloween.

·
Philippians 4: 6-7
9,351 Posts

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
friday the k`3th

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'm not a big horror fan, but certainly I will watch some of this movies at the evenings at halloween:

Sleepy Hollow
Dark Shadows
The Fog (original)
Friday 13th serie
Dawn of the Dead (original)
The Walking Dead (early episodes)

and of course The Simpsons, Treehouse of Horror episodes.

81 - 100 of 104 Posts