GlockTalk Forum banner

101 - 120 of 170 Posts

·
Hey! Who turned out the lights?
1,447 Posts
You make your own job.

My Dad was the smartest man I have ever known. I'm sure he must have been wrong a time or two, but I can't remember when.

·
Registered
13,256 Posts
I got nothing, I don't remember much from him.

Reactions: Jake514

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
"do you know the difference in a fairytale and a sea story? A fairytale starts out once upon a time, and a sea story starts with this ain't no sh**."
LOL!! The father of my best friend in high school had served in the Merchant Marine during the war and had all sorts of sayings like that. :) Thanks for the memories!
And "if you aren't in bed by midnight, come home."
I don't remember my father ever saying that...but I'm sure that he thought it many times. ;)

Reactions: Micad

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I forgot one until reading a reply that I made on another post elsewhere. "If you go looking for trouble, you'll probably find it." And believe me, I learned this one the hard way. I find that the older I get, the more I become like both of my parents. I was blessed. :)

Stay safe, Emily

·
Registered
163 Posts
I forgot one until reading a reply that I made on another post elsewhere. "If you go looking for trouble, you'll probably find it." And believe me, I learned this one the hard way. I find that the older I get, the more I become like both of my parents. I was blessed. :)

Stay safe, Emily

A slight variation on that from my dad. “No need to go looking for trouble, it’s not that hard to find.”

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
"If you tell your momma we stopped here, you won't get to come back."-After a trip to any bar that had a pool table.

·
Registered
287 Posts
My dads variation of one already posted, “ don’t let your alligator mouth overload your hummingbird a**”

·
Registered
19,099 Posts
Where Dad came up with this I don't know. Seems that he said it prior to taking the family to the local drive-in.

One for the money
Two for the show
Three to get ready
And four to go.

Reactions: Emily W Trott

·
M62/76
12,124 Posts
Remembered another one...

“There’s two things in life you don’t f*#% with. Ugly women and electricity.”

Reactions: Gray_Rider

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
My Father was a house painter. One of his favorite expressions was:
You don't have to smart to be a house painter, but it does not hurt.

When we were both carrying something heavy, with him on one end and me on the other he would say, "Some SOB is not lifting!"

Don't let him $#iT all over you, open your mouth.

The best part of him ran down his mother's leg.

If we had some ham, we could have ham and eggs, if we had eggs.

He had a face that only a mother could love, on pay day.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
"Close the door you're letting all the bugs out"

"Don't stare at it ! it's a refrigerator not a TV" his favorite when we would look in the fridge and try to figure out what we wanted to eat.

"Were you born in a barn? "

·
Registered
316 Posts
"The sooner you get started the sooner you'll get done." (I had a wee tendency to procrastinate...)

"Apparently my pliers have grown legs and run away again. They better be back here in five minutes or you'll be buying a new pair out of your allowance."

"Close that door! You trying to heat the whole outdoors??"

"Turn the light off when you leave a room! You think electricity is free??"

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
"I'm gonna jerk a knot in your tail if you do that again!"

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Dad was a former Marine, what do you think he said!
His favorite was If you get caught lying no one will ever trust you again!
Keep your word!

101 - 120 of 170 Posts