Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of interesting. This app is based on the UK experience and attempts to quantify your risk of dying from Covid-19. My relative chance of croaking from this Virus is .88% (Point eight eight percent) It starts ramping up in the 70s and with pre-existing conditions. My son's chance of dying is .07%. The media would frame this conclusion as "Father is over ten times as likely to die from deadly virus than son."
http://covid19-phenomics.org/PrototypeOurRiskCoV.html

·
Why so serious?
65,971 Posts
Reactions: Batesmotel

·
NRA Life Member
29,356 Posts
Same here

Maybe because it knows it is going to be moved soon.

;)

·
Registered
12,732 Posts
The most interesting part is that it shows how many in the group are expected to die anyway. I set it for my dad and he just made it 1.5X more likely for him if we do nothing.

That is my point - you could always die. Everyone seems to have funneled all their fears of death into this one virus and if they avoid it they will live forever.

Spoiler alert - you will die and it will likely be a death similarly crappy to what would happen to Cv-19.

·
I don't even know....what I'm doing here....
9,064 Posts
It’s greyed out for me.
Me, too.

I think a lot of folks that focus on the morbidity, both those that may be concerned for themselves, as well as those attempting to dismiss concerns, have forgotten something.

Frankly, I’m more concerned with lung fibrosis and long term respiratory distress than I am about anything else. I haven’t seen anything about that issue, and I’m betting that could be the bigger long term problem than morbidity.

·
Señor Member
8,221 Posts
Any chance of death, no matter how small, should justify whatever the government wants to do with us.

Reactions: bdcochran

·
Why so serious?
65,971 Posts
It’s greyed out for me.
I copied the link and was able to get it to work in a Chrome browser Incognito (private) tab.

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

·
Why so serious?
65,971 Posts

·
Señor Member
8,221 Posts
This project was created and managed by the data research team at Nexoid. Nexoid is a software company located in London, United Kingdom. We have skills in research, analysis, and computer science. We are not medical professionals.
Congratulations, you just let someone sell your responses for $$$.

Reactions: flyover

·
Registered
21,753 Posts
If I have it figured right, I'm just over the 2% range.

·
NRA Life Member
66,567 Posts
Any chance of death, no matter how small, should justify whatever the government wants to do with us.

I got 0.37% and it doesn't seem to care whether we mitigate or not. However, I can apparently improve my odds 0.12% if I have a sex change.

·
Registered
7,727 Posts
Yeah, like I'm just scared of so many things.....I'm just gonna go full-on bankrupt, while enjoying scary fairy tales and just ignore everything else. I have an education and a fancy job title- It's what I do! They'll have to put me on the Over-Acheiver List ahead of Saulk, AND Draco!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts