Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
They can and will likely remove your comment if it doesn't include ATF 2021R-08

View attachment 943342
So like I could say “Hey ATF, how about you blow it out your A$$!” and everything would be cool as long as I add “ATF 2021R-08” as a reference? :)

·
18,962 Posts
They can and will likely remove your comment if it doesn't include ATF 2021R-08

View attachment 943342
Either way they will ignore your comment and do what they damn well please. Federal "rulemaking" by unelected bureaucrats and political appointees is unconstitutional if the "rules" and the regulations have the authority of law. We are are a represtitive republic and only our elected representatives accountable to the people have the authority to make laws.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
ATF, " We received 3,420,000 comments, and only 12,000 were against our proposed legislation." That will be because only 12,000 put the secret code in their response.

·
Anti-Federalist
21,505 Posts
OK, this isn't the case if you are commenting directly through the register. All you need to do is type up your comment and fill out the required info bubbles. The comment ID is automatically attached to the form and you will be emailed a tracking number.

Here is a screen shot of a published comment without the document ID in the text of the message. No, it's not my comment.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
American Trump Fanclub bylaws can be a pain.

Reactions: bandsaw

·
Preferred Pronouns: (It, Ya'll, Bruh)
3,215 Posts
They also track your IP address and will have the USPS secretly monitor you and your social media postings to see if you say anything mean about them.

·
Come on man!!
16,562 Posts
So like I could say “Hey ATF, how about you blow it out your A$$!” and everything would be cool as long as I add “ATF 2021R-08” as a reference? :)
They'll probably get your IP, find your address, kick down your door, shoot your dog, and then say you manufactured a machine gun when you accidentally broke a paper clip one time when you were in elementary school.

·
Registered
373 Posts
If GOA missed this in their mass alerts, it'll be a fiasco. I hope they're aware of this, assuming the OP has accurate information (not so sure about this).

·
Scottish Member
12,202 Posts
Ok. So when I'm making my comments, what is my best argument?

This product was already approved by the ATF? Of course only a fractional percentage of the available braces were specifically approved by the ATF. They really don't care if the product has been previously approved, as the bump stock designs were all specifically approved (IIRC), and they made them completely illegal (not just modify or register).

I I don't think stating that the '34 Title II, SBR regulations are infringing on 2A are going to make a good argument.

I know several folks who have assembled, or purchased pistols, with arm braces; but few who have even fired them as "intended". And even the one's who have - the vast majority of rounds fired have been fired "not as a pistol".

·
Registered
6,316 Posts
Your comments don't matter.

Your opinion doesn't matter.

Your logic doesn't matter.

This administration is going to do what it wants regardless.

·
Anti-Federalist
21,505 Posts
Your comments don't matter.

Your opinion doesn't matter.

Your logic doesn't matter.

This administration is going to do what it wants regardless.

The comments stopped the 2020 brace proposal and the 2015 M855 proposal.

Currently 36.7K comments have been received in regards to this proposal and 56K in regards to the frame/receiver proposal.

The last time the brace issued reached ~30K they pulled it from the federal register 70 some odd days early because they were overwhelmed. They have to review each comment and post them publicly.

So the comments do in fact matter and you can help if you'd like.

·
Registered
6,316 Posts
Want to bet that the amount of comments this time won't matter?

I did leave comment regarding braces, I might be wrong after all, but I don't think I am.

The Dems aren't peddling their former myth about "common sense gun laws ", the mask is fully off, and they're committed to pushing thru whatever they can get away with before the midterms.

The only thing that stops this is a pro 2A administration in the White House.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
If you think your opinions matter you’re kidding yourself. This will be done no matter what.

·
Anti-Federalist
21,505 Posts
If you think your opinions matter you’re kidding yourself. This will be done no matter what.
90 Congress Critters stepped in last time and told them to kick rocks. Those same 90 Congress Critters are still in place.

·
Build the Wall
10,267 Posts
People, it doesn't matter what we do or say, the ATF is a rogue agency and will do what they please regardless of our input. Eventually we're going to have to fix this mess ourselves so stay ready and stay armed at all times!

Reactions: jimcorbin
1 - 20 of 27 Posts