Your “It” gun?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by camdenshooter, Jan 22, 2020.

1. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Then.
    Buck M1 USMC.jpg

Now.
    M1 buck shooting sized 2.jpg

M1 Danish.JPG

M1 at 52 yards.JPG

M1 and Badger.JPG

M1 bayonet.JPG

Attached Files:

2. Tvov

Tvov

Hard to really pin down a specific gun. More like different classes of guns.

I own a few guns of different types at this point.

About the only real "holy grail" gun for me at this point would be a WWII German Luger 9mm, in shootable condition at a minimum. I don't think I've ever seen on in person... lots of copies and replicas, but not a real one that I know of.

Other fun-to-own guns would be a WWII Sten (or good copy), Thompson (again, copy is fine), Garand (me and everyone else!), British Lee-Enfield 303 (real one)...

One more which is not really an "it" gun or "holy grail", but that I'd like to own before too many more years pass... A really nice bolt action with high quality scope.

3. PeterG

PeterG

For years it was a Ruger #1 in .375 H&H but I never could find a “use” for it so it reminded a dream.

Then I went to a LGS looking for a handgun and low and behold there was a Ruger #1 in .450 bushmaster, now that’s a rifle I can use for Ohio deer so now it’s just about the finances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ Niner likes this.
  4. jim goose

jim goose "The Goose"

My lnib gen 2, 17 took me a yr, and a not so good gen 2, to find. It’s a 94. I’ve had older guns, black internals etc, but I wanted one like it was “off the shelf”. 9D3274DA-C734-4E36-AC8C-27C30D5FBCE5.jpeg

Glockdude1, Quade, jimcorbin and 3 others like this.
  5. camdenshooter

camdenshooter

Smart kid!

6. Need4Speed

Need4Speed

I think I have a touch of ADD when it comes to guns. Had many "It" guns, they come and go.

Currently on the hunt for a Marlin Dark lever gun in 444 Marlin.

Gray Dood likes this.
  7. DrewBone

DrewBone

Wait...you've got two jamomatic M1 carbines? I don't recall ever hearing of one...are they US military models or post war aftermarket manufacture, like Universal? Either way, most known issues with the little Carbines are magazine related (i.e., feed lip issues or aftermarket mags of poor quality), with the USGI 15 round straight magazines reported as being the most reliable.

If magazines aren't the issue, thanks to the very simplistic design of the Carbine's mechanics, it doesn't take much effort to find the reason for one's failure to operate properly, and if parts replacement is found to be required there's a plethora of affordable genuine USGI parts out there that are available from numerous sources like Numrich, SARCO, etc.

Rediscover them, and bring them back to life! :D

I also own two M1's...one is a Rock-Ola, and below is the other, made by Quality Hardware...

20160412_175055.jpg

It used to be that ammunition for these firearms was on the expensive side, but thanks to companies like Prvi Partizan, modern commercial ammo is now more readily available and affordable.

8. J_Rico

J_Rico

I bought one. Jammed. I went to the CMP forums and got advice. Used new mags. Was using decent ammo. Had some USGI and then some PPU. Replaced the slide spring. Greased,polished. Been a few years. Do not remember it all real well. Then the CMP released another batch of carbines. What year was that? Last decade I think.

Bought one. Broke it down. Cleaned and lubed it. Took it to the range and it would not feed right. I no longer remember if it was extracting correctly. Got frustrated and stuck both in the back corner of the safe. Been there a while.

They are both USGI. Nothing rare. One is an Underwood. The other I forget, but one of the more common ones.

Maybe making these run can be one of my retirement projects in a few years?

9. camdenshooter

camdenshooter

10. Grumpy_old_man

Grumpy_old_man

My Holy Grail gun?

M1919A4 with tripod mount takes first place with the M3A1 Grease Gun being a close runner up. I'll never own either, given the circumstances of time and money. But damn' either one would be a great gun to take to the range to celebrate Independence Day!

Grumpy

camdenshooter likes this.
  11. Trench Sweeper

Trench Sweeper On the day of your birth death began stalking you

KY where the taxes are as high as half the people
    Smith and Wesson 686. I have said numerous times on here, seeing it hanging on the side of the police growing up was why I went into Law Enforcement.

RandomGuy and camdenshooter like this.
  12. gp23

gp23

As of this year Dan wesson dwx.

Teecher45 likes this.
  13. Steel & Wood

Steel & Wood Build the Wall

Without a doubt it is my Chinese Type 56S GSAD AK-47!!!

[​IMG]
    (top - Type 84S, bottom - Type 56S GSAD)

Paid LESS than $1K for BOTH!

Glockdude1, catman71, Quade and 3 others like this.
  14. J_Rico

J_Rico

That blonde wood on the top one is beautiful.

catman71 likes this.
  15. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

I think the "it" gun comes down to nostalgia and for me it's the Remington 742 in 30-06. As I kid I would drool over that rifle in the catalogs, and finally bought one.

I wish I didn't sell that old rifle. in my eyes, it still looks cool.

camdenshooter likes this.
  16. forty5

forty5

Mossberg 930 12 ga.Semi Auto.:waving: 69556836_2409242295821165_8271906540202491904_n.jpg

catman71 likes this.
  17. Gray Dood

Gray Dood

I've actually been paring down my guns for the last several years getting ready for retirement but one I'm about to buy (re-buy) is a single action revolver.

Still debating Colt or clone for historical fun, or Ruger Blackhawk/Vaquero with some simple mods and the more power those offer.

Getting down to only those I'm going to actually shoot regularly in a minimum number of calibers.

azbuckeye and PeterG like this.
  18. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

Hopefully one day you’ll be able to save up enough money to afford one. For me it’s been a Glock 19, still hoping to find one to this day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nitesite10mm and DJ Niner like this.
  19. Need4Speed

Need4Speed

I have a 41 magnum Ruger Blackhawk, according to the S/N around a 2005 vintage, 4-5/8" barrel. This is probably my favorite range toy. My "go to" ammo is Remington 210gr Terminal Performance. The ammo is not cheap, but because of the amount of time you spend loading and unloading it you don't go thru a ton of it in a range trip. Takes a while to burn a box of 50.

I took it to the range last week, along with my 45 and 10mm 1911's. There was a group of young guys next to me shooting their "45's and 10 mils". They kept touting the "10mil" as some sort of monster round. Just kept hearing "10mil this and 10mil that". So when I was shooting my 1911's and they were shooting whatever they brought the booms in the bays were very similar.

They got a little jumpy when the Blackhawk came out. lol

It's a flame thrower for sure. I have shot a few different SA/DA 44 revolvers, did not care for the recoil very much. Not sure if it's the design or what, but the Blackhawk 41 is more fun to shoot than my 357 LCRX, or the other 44's I had, which included a S&W 29, a Ruger Redhawk, and a ported Taurus.

The Blackhawk is a keeper.

Gray Dood likes this.
  20. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

Polytech Dual folder AK-47.
    (underfolding bayo & stock)

:cool: