close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Young Glockers

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by -, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Guest

Hello All
    Hello to all! I an somewhat new to this whole Glock Talk experience and i was looking around but couldn't find a young glock or teens with glocks or anything relating to the youth of the Glock community. I have decided to start a new club. Young Glockers. As i try to start this new club i need votes, 50 to be exact and i just wanted to spread the word. Just to tell you a little about this club and the goal that i am trying to reach i will explain my actions.
    General information:
    The whole goal of this club is to atract the young teen to young adult croud. I have been PMing a lot of random people to see what their opinion of this idea is and im getting a lot of "your idea is great but i think im too old for this club" and i understand that the majority of GT's croud is adult. Adults should not be ruled out of this club. I have questions and i have ideas that i would like some adults to look over and help me with but i would also like the opinion of young adults. My goal is to have a place where our generation can go and talk about the things we like to talk about without being intimidated by the more educated senior members.
    So what i ask you is take a minute to think about this idea and who may be out there in Glock Talk world and maybe even take the time to vote to help this little cause of mine. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

[vote here]

Scarlet~2

2. lumberjack

lumberjack One of Many

I am 18 and have 3 glocks! I say go for it.

3. beethoven

beethoven

scarlet i sent you a pm. i'll join the culb if you want

4. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

Hopefully, being a young Glocker doesn't disqualify one from knowing where to post a thread about young Glockers! (It sure as heck ain't the Free Fire Zone!)

5. TomSplasky

TomSplasky Encase Elegance

Erm, I'm 15... But what does this club have to do with NFA firearms..?

Unless of course you get a free registered FA Conversion sear when you join. ;f

6. beethoven

beethoven

i was wondering the same thing.

7. r2kba

r2kba Relax

;!

You guys are in the WRONG forum :)

8. Guest

i would like to apologize to those who are in this forum. I know im off topic and i was just trying to push my limits a little. Whoever runs this forum is more then welcome to delete this thread. Sorry again!
    Scarlet~2

9. fishfool59

fishfool59 MEGA-Banned!

I think the reason there isnt much of a young glocker community is because legally the term is an oxymoron, because the fed says you have to be 21 to own a handgun. Thats like asking why there isnt a young NFA forum.

10. M_Cloud

M_Cloud

off-off subject Minnesota you only have to be 18 to own a handgun.

11. fishfool59

fishfool59 MEGA-Banned!

This is from the NRA's site about Federal gun law and last time I checked the fed had the final say so.

12. Guest

All this may be true but you do not have to be 21 to be interested in handguns or even shoot a handgun. I don't understand why there is so much negativity about this subject? My goal is to reach those who are younger and who are as interested as i am. Ive been shooting in the GSSF matches since i was 15.I have been a young glocker since then so technically it isn't an oxymoron.
    Scarlet~2

13. fishfool59

fishfool59 MEGA-Banned!

There is negitivity because 2 guys in colorado walked into their school with Tec 9's.

14. tmrakip

tmrakip

;z
    Oh my...

15. Guest

So you feel it's necessary to completely boycott the idea of younger people being open about thier interests. Having somewhere to talk with others of the same age group about something that is of great interest?Because a couple of kids shot up thier school means everyone who isn't 21 or older shouldn't even be thinking about guns? The good majority of us have more sense then that. Safe action pistols is the whole idea.

Scarlet;4

16. fishfool59

fishfool59 MEGA-Banned!

The fact is that most people under 21 (and some over) are not responsible enough to be able to own a gun that can be carried concealed in your pocket. You might just be the exception but like I said most people your age aren’t. What do you mean by a "safe action pistol" all production pistols in the US must have a safety?

17. r2kba

r2kba Relax

This forum is not for political discussions Folks.

The moderator should move this topic to a different forum.

18. ccw_bearcat

ccw_bearcat Cage Fighter

I agree. I'm not adverse to a young person's forum if there is enough demand. This is not the place to go about getting one. There are other forums better suited. A suggest admin move this to a non-guns forum.

19. Brit

Brit

I fired my first handgun aged 8!! found it in a bombed out house just outside Liverpool UK, my Dad said I would grow out of this interest in Firearms!! I am 68 YOA now! Dear old Dad was wrong about that one.

To tell a young man he has no right to own, or just shoot his Dad's guns, is not nice at all, and to equate youth with walking around with a pistol in pocket, very unfair.
    With the reflexes of an 18 year old! ideal for IPSC/IDPA good luck young un!
    I have trained young people to protect themselves and others for over 20 years.
    Good people are good bad ones not! age has bugger all to do with it.

20. redware

redware Ecdysiast

Young folks are going to be the salvation of shooting sports and gun ownership in general. I think it would be worthwhile to give them a positive experience and a collective voice here on Glock Talk. All this talk about "Most people under 21..." is nonsense. As the poster indicated, you do not need to be 21 to have a healthy interest in firearms. This seems like a grand opportunity for experienced shooters to provide guidance and answers for younger folks. Hell, I'm in my twenties. I'll even join.