You WILL wear your mask outdoors, or you WILL be arrested.

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by MaxxAction, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Sharkey

Sharkey

Duh, I even liked your very first post in this thread. Do you have reading comprehension issues? I understand she was arrested for trespass and I imagine resisting arrest but WHY was she trespassed from the game? Is that so hard to understand? Apparently it is

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

2. Dave514

Dave514

Wtf are you talking about?

Even if he wasn't wearing a mask, it would, again, not be a situation where two wrongs make a right.

But he was wearing a mask. It appears that he pulled it down for a time while exerting himself but pulled it back up when it was pointed out to him.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oMIhuCVGgIw

3. Pluto57

Pluto57

4. racerford

racerford

No, but it may make for a better lawsuit against the school. And a much more embarrassing situation for them. Also, I believe there was a second officer that was not masked, until she got right there. The law allows for officers to not be masked, but unless the school rules clearly state that, then the officers, should have been wearing masks, or trespassed too. It is the double standards that really make people upset.

Wojo88 and Wayward Son like this.
  5. Dave514

Dave514

Suing the school for trespassing you because you didn't follow the mask policy after being asked numerous times?

Or suing the police because they increased the level of force to match your level of resistance?

SevenSixtyTwo and AGF0526 like this.
  6. Full Semi-auto

Full Semi-auto

She was tased for resisting arrest. She was arrested for trespassing. She was trespassed for not leaving when asked. She was asked to leave because she was would not wear a mask. She was asked to wear a mask because that is the rule the county school district put in place. That rule was probably put in place so that schools could reopen and kids could attend and play sports. She made several stupid decisions.

This is the exact same thing if you walked into a Walmart with no shirt on and the manager told you to either don a shirt or leave and you decide to do neither.

SevenSixtyTwo, AGF0526 and Dave514 like this.
  7. racerford

racerford

Suing the school district for discrimination based on race. Anybody can sue. Also, can ask that the officer be fired. It is the power of public pressure, or are you ignoring how much that has caused. If it works for them it can work against them. The officer not wearing a mask is wrong. The arrested woman's wrong doesn't make the officer's behavior right. You say two wrongs don't make a right, same thing in principle. The wrongs are independent, and doesn't mean both should not be punished. If you are going to enforce stupid rules enforce them equally or not at all.

8. Full Semi-auto

Full Semi-auto

In your whacked out way of thinking, then the officer can be asked to wear a mask and then put it on or he could have left. Looks like he put it on. Game over. Your argument is null in void.

BTW that's all she had to do, either wear a mask or wait outside.

SevenSixtyTwo likes this.
  9. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

Wojo88's not talking about the officer arresting her. About near the end of the video, where they're walking her away on the track ... there's another uniformed officer who comes up from behind her on the right, holding his mask in his hand. The no-mask woman being arrested points out he's not wearing his mask (!) and then he puts it on.

I'm usually all on-board with law enforcement but I'm not so on-board with how this was handled. Everyone who's been explaining how she was first told to put it on or leave is getting that from ... where exactly? You can't tell anything of what conversation is happening or already happened when the video starts. I'm not saying she behaved well. But I guess I need a little more convincing the "police officer" (looks like rental security to me, which is also an issue) made it clear to her what refusing would entail, i.e. how far the State's resolve to have her removed would be. I would normally not expect such warning to secure compliance when the law being resisted is one upon which we all generally agree, but this mask mandate business is novel, controversial, and enforcement measures are disproportionate and uneven.

Some laws do deserve resistance. I'm ok with wearing a mask in public indoor spaces when distancing is impractical or unpredictable. But don't ask me to wear one outside. Fortunately I am not living under such stupid restrictions.

Cheerleaders aren't wearing masks lol.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    Wayward Son and Sharkey like this.
  10. Dave514

Dave514

Good luck with any of that.

11. Dave514

Dave514

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehil...or-not-wearing-mask-at-ohio-football-game?amp

If you are trespassed....comply and argue it later.

AGF0526 likes this.
  12. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Let’s agree it’s a shame she didn’t put her mask on so she didn’t disrupt the game. (Or leave if she didn’t want to).
    I used to work college sporting events. People tried to bring in alcohol. It’s against the rules. I pour it out, you put it back in your car, you leave. If you don’t cooperate, disrupt things you get kicked out, no refund. You don’t go willingly? You get arrested by the Police. Thing is that disrupts the game.

AGF0526 and Dave514 like this.
  13. ottomatic

ottomatic

This concept is nothing new, and it has nothing to do with the recent protests.
    Many years ago, I arrested an 18 year old for wearing black soled shoes. This is not against any law (that I know of), but it was against the policy of the Community Center. The manager told him that he could not play basketball with those shoes, and the kid ignored him, and kept playing. So the manager told him that he had to leave. Got ignored again. We got called. I told him to leave. He told me he would not. When he said that he was coming straight back as soon as we would leave, he got hooked up AND TRANSPORTED. He did not resist. If he had, then it might have ended up worse for him than for her, because we didn't have Tasers then (but we had OC spray and batons).

That was really no different than this (above) incident. Simple rules, which are not the law, can result in your arrest if you don't play by them and don't comply with directions to leave.

AGF0526, larry_minn and Dave514 like this.
  14. Sharkey

Sharkey

That is a totally understandable policy and why bad things could happen when people drink inside the stadium. Her behavior initially was not disrupting the game. I guess someone complained on her?

The school policy is suspect at best. I hope a good trial attorney takes her case.

15. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

Saw in the linked article that she was cheering on the visiting team lol. Explains everything.

Sharkey likes this.
  16. Sharkey

Sharkey

It has everything to do with the recent mask no mask debate. THAT was the reason for the contact. The incident you describe is NOT the same as what we are discussing.

Again, there is a reason why black soles were not allowed on the court. It causes the community center undue cost to scrub those marks off the court if they even can. WHAT undue cost does the school bear by having a healthy woman social distancing breathing outdoor air cause? The answer is 0 but hey let's trespass her anyway because we can and it could save a life even of that is a tiny percentage. It's ludicrous.

PSUEng likes this.
  17. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I thought our Governor sucked, but at least we don't make people wear masks outdoors. I have also found that no gun shop other than Bud's enforces the indoor mask rules.

PSUEng likes this.
  18. Wayward Son

Wayward Son

It appears she was in compliance with the state mask mandate.

Masks must be worn:

• At an indoor location that’s not a residence
    • Outdoors, when unable to keep 6 feet of social distance from those not in your household
    • When waiting for, riding, driving, or operating public transportation, including taxi, car service, private ride share
    Exceptions:

• Those with a medical condition or a disability or those communicating with someone with a disability

Sharkey likes this.
  19. Dave514

Dave514

Weeeeeellll.... just like the case in question...

20200925_190317.jpg 20200925_190348.jpg

20. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

So the players have to have a mask type thing while playing? Dang.