GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 116 Posts

·
You local friendly Skynet dealer
13,634 Posts
One of those guidelines mandated by the school district is that all spectators wear a mask while on school property.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
She didn't get arrested for not wearing a mask. She got arrested for not leaving after she was trespassed.
Article says she is asthmatic, asthmatics are exempt from the mask mandate.

I guess having BLM, Antifa and democrats against the police wasn't enough so this guy decided to get soccer mom's in the game.

·
Registered
347 Posts

I guess having BLM, Antifa and democrats against the police wasn't enough so this guy decided to get soccer mom's in the game.
Does your kid go to school in that school district? You know the guidelines in that area?

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
This is the same as the dumb gun sign laws. Doesn’t mean you can’t carry a gun. But if they see your gun, and ask you to leave, and you refuse, you can be arrested.

Don’t like the rules on a property, don’t go to the property. Asked to leave, you must leave.

Agree with it? No. But when has fighting an officer who is attempting to arrest you ever a good idea? Even if the arrest is a false arrest, you still will not win at the scene. Have you ever seen or heard an officer say “you’re under arrest” and struggle to arrest someone, and suddenly the officer says “oh, you’re right. You’re free to leave”

·
Registered
6,535 Posts

Seems she has good grounds for a lawsuit against the school for ADA violations. Many of them still pending here in PA that I know of.

Reactions: Deployment Solu

·
You local friendly Skynet dealer
13,634 Posts

I've read the article 3 times, didn't see a mention of asthma. You got another reference somewhere?

·
Mr. Awesome
10,274 Posts
She didn't get arrested for not wearing a mask. She got arrested for not leaving after she was trespassed.
Correct. Very sad, though. No one wins, here.

Reactions: DAKA and Sharkey

·
Registered
13,942 Posts
Play stupid games win stupid prizes. If you want to play the same games then that is your prerogative.
Agree to disagree I guess. Was she playing a "stupid game"? More likely she pays school taxes and wanted to see her son play football. What was legal 6 months ago is now illegal. Gee, the audacity of the lady to not wear a mask outside away from others... Again, we BOTH know she wouldn't have been tazed 6 months ago. Yeah imagine citizens having the prerogative to think they live in a free state? How dare they?

Again, glad I am not a LEO anymore. We all need a line in the sand. Call me crazy but I'd be arresting folks throwing bricks, chanting death to America, and assaulting people. I would not be arresting citizens who chose not to wear a mask especially outside away from people. I guess it is no wonder so many agencies passed on me after I had 20yrs service and reapplied with agencies after the DA canned me for being the wrong color. I actually had one dept. lie to my face about it. "We can't hire you because of your driving record." "What are you talking about, I haven't had a ticket or accident in over 5 years." So many agencies are just pathetic. I am betting this one in Ohio is one of them. Hey, go arrest citizens for BS stuff, your department will thank you.

·
Registered
290 Posts
She is proof that for evey person with an IQ over 120 there is one under 80. Whe an officer/security guard/whatever person in charge asks you to put on the stupid mask and leave it at that. Arguing and fighting with somebody who has the power to arrest you is plain ignorant. If she really has asthma, she should have explained it quietly and provided proof, like an inhaler for instance. I do not understand the need for people to act in such an ignorant manner. If you want to show your disapproval of the rules, there are better ways to do this. But judging from that particular womans speech patterns, my guess is stupid white trash. Then again, I could be wrong and she could be a well educated attorney, because she seems to know exactly what her rights are.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I think it is sad that the officer had to taze a woman half his size to get cuffs on her. What would he do if it was someone fighting him instead of resisting?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
And, "they" .. say the devil ain't real.
Uhh, whether it's the actual devil or the natural negative forces of the universe, ( which ever you believe )the destruction of the human race is in full motion, conveniently, inexplicably, by our own hand. I for one, want to get back to the belief that it's all our duty. That, if, you believe in the Constitution, therefore, if you have the ability, you have the responsibility to protect and defend those with whom you disagree. We get back there, and the healing will begin again. What I'm about to say may be unwelcome here. I do not want to live in a united state's without progressives. Now, I know what my previous texts have said about progressives, but if they can let go of the hate, and be the real positive forward thinkers/ creators again, WE THE PEOPLE, not I the conservative, or, I the progressive, but WE THE PEOPLE! Could heal our land✌✌✌✌
Progressives are not capable of letting go the hate, they hate everything our constitution stands for . They are blinded to understand the greatness of our country but use all of the liberties we have to display their hate. They will never get through this because it starts with the heart and their hearts have been hardened for so long. You mentioned the devil, I think their is a spiritual war going on between the principalities of darkness and light, good and evil. The things that we are witnessing today can only be attributed to something like that. This deep hatred is being used to fight against all that is good and in my opinion is disguised under the veil of BLM and the likes. A life is a life no matter what color the skin is. Why isn't BLM torching planned parenthood? They murder how many black babies each year?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I could be wrong and she could be a well educated attorney, because she seems to know exactly what her rights are.
I agree, I think you are wrong........................

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Christ...

this **** is so over the top. The woman is sitting at least 6 feet from everyone except the people she came to the game with, and gets arrested for not wearing a mask.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/24/woman-tased-arrested-for-not-wearing-mask-at-football-game/

The woman was sitting in the bleachers with her mother when she got into an altercation with the cop about mask-wearing at a middle school in the town of Logan, the Marietta Times reported.

Video of the incident, which was posted to YouTube, shows the woman resisting as the officer struggles to handcuff her for nearly two minutes before he deploys his Taser.

The woman, identified in the report as Alecia Kitts, repeatedly tells the officer to “get off of me,” the video shows.

You’re not arresting me for nothing, I ain’t doing nothing wrong,” she yells after the officer orders her to place her hands behind her back.

Once the officer tases Kitts, she falls to a lower tier of the bleachers, according to the footage.

The use of force shocked others watching the game.

“Tasing this lady over not wearing a damn mask,” a witness can be heard saying.

Their house their rules. Mask or no mask, she was asked to leave he premises and refused. At that time she was TRESPASSING. How is that different than being asked by a business to leave when they see you with a gun? She then got aggressive and resisted like so many other entitled millennials and got herself tased. Non-compliance with local authorities always leads to trouble. These fools just haven't figured it out yet.

·
Registered
12,738 Posts
She was right to ignore this asinine, unconstitutional rule that is based on no science whatsoever.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Funny how many in here are trying to
justify and defend this. It's easy to see what side people are on and who works for the state. Disgusting.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Their house their rules. Mask or no mask, she was asked to leave he premises and refused. At that time she was TRESPASSING. How is that different than being asked by a business to leave when they see you with a gun? She then got aggressive and resisted like so many other entitled millennials and got herself tased. Non-compliance with local authorities always leads to trouble. These fools just haven't figured it out yet.
I think what people are seeing is the hypocrisy of how rules and laws are administered. The so called peaceful protestors are treated way differently, vandalism is breaking the rules, breaking and entering a business is trespassing, rioting is against the law, etc. These people have not been treated like the girl simply sitting in the bleachers watching a high school game. Her actions for sitting caused none of the above and now she is excoriated for not following a school rule for a mask. Big difference, its the same age old problem, different rules for different sets of people. Doesn't that police department have rules for fitness for their department? I would have to think there are guidelines and this police officer (if he is one) seems to be breaking them with his fitness example.............he should tase himself

Reactions: larry_minn
21 - 40 of 116 Posts