You Tube problems

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Andy W, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Andy W

Andy W

I recently got a new HP Pavilion dv6000v lap top computer. The problem with it is that it freezes up on You Tube. It will start to play and it suddenly stops. I have noticed the little red bar at the bottom of the video goes all the way across when it does play the whole thing but when it doesn't the bar only goes partially across and the video stops when the circle thing reaches the end of the red. Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing this? My theory is that somehow the video doesn't get completely downloaded.

I know nothing about computers so I apologize if this is a bad description.

2. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C. Guest

Download and install Firefox. Make it your default browser when prompted. Use it instead of Internet Explorer. Can download it from here. Save it first. Then double click the downloaded file to install it.

http://filehippo.com/download_firefox/

3. Andy W

Andy W

I downloaded Firefox but the problem is still there. I don't know what's going on. Like I said, it is possible that the videos aren't being fully downloaded or something.

4. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C. Guest

Try restarting the PC then see if it's working.

5. Andy W

Andy W

I think that the problem is the internet connection itself. The modem that I am currently using is a piece of crap and needs to be taken out and shot.

6. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C. Guest

Oh I forgot. You Tube doesn't work well with dial up. That's pretty common. Wifi might be a slow too depending how rgings are set up. Although that might be fixable and if you have broad band with ethernet that should be fixable too.