you people are SCAREING me!!new 23 owner

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by mo.glocker, Feb 22, 2010.

1. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

This :supergrin:

2. dregotglock

dregotglock CHL Instructor

been on the 23 since they came out - serial bz#### - original owner and I can tell you honestly that we have been shooting the hell out of her since. no issues what so ever which is why when all others came and went she stayed put as my edc. of course now I am using my 30 as a my edc, but mrs dregotglock still carries the 23 with absolute confidence and pride.

all I can say is that it is just like every other item for sale out there - there will be some that squeek by but Glock customer service is TOP NOTCH.

3. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

:rofl::supergrin:

4. SouthernBoyVA

SouthernBoyVA

Well let's see. I have two G23's, one of which is my primary carry gun. I also have an M&P40 which is a fine gun and I would not hesitate to trust it as well. Both are fine pieces, no doubt at all. However, it is my primary G23 which tends to be the gun that most often accompanies me.

5. ironman23

ironman23 Member

I love my G23, over 1200 rounds no malfunctions!

6. crazymoose

crazymoose Nonentity

Perhaps you're not familiar with the concepts of sample sizes and percentages. Quite possibly also punctuation.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  7. Apocalypse_Now

Apocalypse_Now Molon Labe

I have a G22 and my wife and I have matching G23s. Never had a problem that was not operator error ;)

8. mo.glocker

mo.glocker

cool,the m&p sold today,i really liked it,but as sombody on here said earlier,it had some wierd kindof batmoblile lines to it,but it never failed ,i just always wanted to try a glock,i just bouht a gen 3 g23,so far i have put a factory ext slide lever,vickers mag release,and a deep six grip plug(flush)one,that is all i am doing to it,the rest will stay all glock,now if i can find cheaper 13 rnd mags-jeff

9. jockdeeznutz

jockdeeznutz

Scaring.....Spelling owns you. Go back to 5th grade =)

10. G19 DB

G19 DB

zero problems with my G19. I love my G37, though I only had it for one week! (zero problems w/ it! )

11. mo.glocker

mo.glocker

sorry, didnt know i was being graded here teacher,just talking not writing a novel-:steamed:

12. jockdeeznutz

jockdeeznutz

I was just kidding =)

13. cbresciani

cbresciani

I love my G23, it's my daily carry and I've never had any problems with it ever! Even with the Surefire X300 light attached. I replaced the stock trigger with the 3.5lb trigger and replaced the slide release with the extended slide release, what a difference the 2 additions made. By far one of my favorite Glocks!

14. Cultldr

Cultldr

I don't understand your post? You're worried because others are having issues with their pistols, I don't see where you are having any issues? If you are, post it, if not and you're posting about problems with glocks yet you haven't had one, now you're confusing the hell out of me :)

15. pacountryboy

pacountryboy

New to glocks myself a month ago, even after all i've heard about the 23 i still made the purchase. 2500 rounds later not one problem and i'm a happy glocker. Buy what you want and be satisfied, because in the end it all comes back on your decision for buying the pistol

16. feathers73

feathers73

You hear much more about the bad stuff than the good stuff. Really, people like to vent and complain when they have a problem, but the thousands of folks that don't have problems don't say anything. Also consider, most problems are shooter, ammo or magazine related, not gun related. Lastly, Glocks are the most popular law enforcement gun in the country and very prolific around the world. Just look at the number of folks on this forum and it will tell you there are a lot of Glocks out there. This is the most active forum I have ever been a part of except for AR15.com. If there were issues, Glocks wouldn't be that popular. Bottom line, Glocks are reliable and there is too much evidence to dispute that.

17. WolfePack01

WolfePack01

don't sweat it man, I'm a new glocker (23) and from what I've heard (and my own limited experience) we'll be shooting these guns for years bragging about how many rounds have gone through them with no problems...

18. GeorgeBurdell

GeorgeBurdell

I love my G23. Less than 3 months old and 800 rounds down the pipe. No problems.

19. mo.glocker

mo.glocker

yes,i would say that as far as the best proportioned glock would be the 23,it just looks right,i really like the 38(gap)its on the 19-23 frame but it has a 21 huge slide cut down to fit the frame,great gun i hear,i hope the round takes off,un til then ill stay with the 23 :supergrin:

20. docj78

docj78

I really am jealous of those here with the 23 that have had NO MALFUNCTIONS. My 23 is about 2 months old, and I have had several FTF's.

To those whom have never had a single malfunction, would you say that you are seasoned shooters and/or your grip/stance is always flawless? Reason I ask is that if grip/stance truly are so crtical, it seems that even the slightest improper variation would cause a malfunction every time...