GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Everytime you buy a Brand Name Product you help pay for their advertising. no it not a TAX, but it's a cost passed on to the consumer.

USAA never advertised in the old days, now I find their insurance rates way higher then the carrier I have been with 20 years.

Someone pay for the cost of advertising. Buy House Brand, and save denero.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Of course the Debt will be paid when they come due. We’ll just borrow more and print more to make good. By the way this thread title is already out of date.
For each dollar the Fed prints, they get a cut. Your purchasing power is then reduced.

·
Anti-Federalist
17,736 Posts
Sadly, I agree. The term "Balanced Budget Amendment" is but a fading memory. No major candidate at any level is uttering it.

I remember a certain Libertarian governor / presidential candidate making that happen for his state but we all know that's not really important when it comes to the two party system ;)

Reactions: G-nineteen

·
Previously nutsnax
684 Posts
And sadly, the connection between what you contribute to society and what benefits you receive from society is getting steadily weaker, soon to be nonexistent if the buffoons take over. Don
Even now, what benefit can anyone point to that really represents taxpayer value at a federal level? Even a state level is dubious in a number of cases.

And we cant say say medicare, medicaid, social security etc because those are direct transfer payments.

Military? Thats a dubious benefit.... Plus i would argue that the rest of the world derives more benefit when neighboring countries stop slaughtering each other.

Regulatory? Last I checked we had massive oligopolies in virtually every market with no real regulation in sight. Some competition exists but government oversight? Why do Amazon and Facebook exist?

So i have a hard time understanding where taxpayer return is? Maybe there is some? I just dont know?

·
Descent Terminated
33,324 Posts
If you think that debt is ever going to be repaid, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I can sell you, pretty cheap actually.
Everyone looks at that as 'free money' now ... Don't know where that's going, but it's not good ''

Say you want to do the right thing and pay it down Your platform is 'scrimp and sacrifice' Your opponent's platform is "free .. free .. free ......" Who they gonna elect ? .. :upeyes:

Say you painfully managed to pay it down ... Now a commiecrat edges you out, and he has a clean credit card to spend on ... :frown:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Everyone looks at that as 'free money' now ... Don't know where that's going, but it's not good ''

Say you want to do the right thing and pay it down Your platform is 'scrimp and sacrifice' Your opponent's platform is "free .. free .. free ......" Who they gonna elect ? .. :upeyes:

Say you painfully managed to pay it down ... Now a commiecrat edges you out, and he has a clean credit card to spend on ... :frown:
All of the taxes and US Debit will increase like we have never seen before I am afraid if the Liberals take this election. The far left wing will see to it. And it will occur very quickly.
Right now in this day and age the "free, free, free" folks will get most of what they want. The rest of us will be paying for all of it.
I'm older and have seen the changes in this country since the Fifties, and it is alarming.
But even more so today than I have ever seen it. Bad situation for certain.

·
Descent Terminated
33,324 Posts
All of the taxes and US Debit will increase like we have never seen before I am afraid if the Liberals take this election. The far left wing will see to it. And it will occur very quickly.
Right now in this day and age the "free, free, free" folks will get most of what they want. The rest of us will be paying for all of it.
I'm older and have seen the changes in this country since the Fifties, and it is alarming.
But even more so today than I have ever seen it. Bad situation for certain.
I was appalled by the 'stimulus' plus $600 additional 'unemployment' Perhaps this was a real emergency. and would have been much worse if the economy collapsed, but the commicrats, who have no idea about money, seem to have concluded the goober-mint can just send checks to everybody and no one will have to work.

& they think all they have to do is take power (by any means .. :steamed: ) and order it, and it will happen. People are really stupid, and they vote ! ... :frown:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I see it the same way you do right there. And Pelosi wants to keep up those $600 checks. The Demoncrats are literally buying into power if they can. And for the very first time I see that they may get it done this time. If so, beware! The US may very well fall just like the former Soviet Union did. For the same reason. Indebtedness. They could not pay for any thing or to anyone. At that point, their Military had to intercede and tanks rolled into Moscow to support Yeltsin. They still have not recovered overall.
@aircarver

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Trump will sign the Nesara Act after the election, problem solved.......

·
Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer
116,456 Posts
Put it on my tab, I'll pass it along to the younger voters who elected Obama and tried to elect Hillary.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts