Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.
Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Glockdude1, Nov 24, 2002.
Or 20 ar mags, or 16.66666666 glock 17 mags marked le/mil only
Talk about De ja Vu!!!
if you have a subscription to more than 4 gun magazines, and you can't wait for the mail so you go out and buy the same magazine so you don't have to wait.
-if you hated the movie pirates of the carabien because they didn't have any repeter firearms.
-if you have ever been thrown out of a movie theater for yelling out that he shot to many shots out of a gun, or a gun coun't do that.
The scenes with the "semi-auto" muskets tend to up set the gun nuts.......
If you find yourself excited that the unofficial "You might be a gun nut if.." list is now at 301 entries!
I love it!
You might be a gun nut
If you know the names of all your local gun dealers children and whether they will eat tonight or not. As in "Bob if I take 300 bucks for that gun, little Darlene will not get to eat tonight".
If your local dealer let's you leave a pair of reading classes at the gun shop.
If the local Police Dept's Field training officer has you stopped by the new rookies as how to handle traffic stops with CCW holder's cause they know you have a gun on. The third time which results in a nice discusion on how people can have legal machine guns.
If when you are getting your finerprints for another class 3 gun the rookie ask's what you need one for? When you explain that this is your third one He asks why 3 you explain by saying "Well you guys have two I figure I need 3" When he says " We don't have any machine guns" you explain by saying "yes, you do have a Colt Commando M16A2 and a Steyr MPI-69 submachine and that 100 bucks says they are in the property room right now". He then asks the Ast. Chief who confirmed they were there. You don't bother to explain that you helped the former chief do the paperwork on both.
If you and your friends can have a discussion with Pre, Post, Transferable, Form 3,4,5 sprinkled throughout without having to explain anything.
If you buy a second Colt 1911 because it's slides matches your frame on your current gun better.
If you buy a new coffee table where the top lifts up so you can attach a holster to it. Then wind up buy another gun to go with it.
If you buy a half dozen police trade in Ruger Speed Sixes so you can have an emergency gun in all your rooms. Yes including both bathroom's. Yes no kids in the house.
If you buy 20,000 rounds of 8mm because ammo just shouldn't be that cheap.
if you keep a small local gun shop in buesness.
if you buy out the ammo for a gun that you don't own nor ever seen, because walmart was having a sale.
if a local gun shop owner/gunsmith calls you to help him fix a gun.
if you have smith and wesson on speed dial, right next to springfield and ruger.
if you know the number to glock by heart.
if you have ever been asked to test out rugers new shotguns.
if you ever sold a idea of a new gun to browning.
- if your wife tells you that you left a magazine in her car and you ask her if it is the paper/picture/word kind or the holds bullets/goes in a gun kind
(guilty, happened to me after our beach trip this weekend, turned out it was my back-up G21 mag in the console)
- if you drive to the nearest newstand in a panic to get the latest gun mag because you have "to go #2" real bad (guilty)
- if you have a pile of scopes on your workbench right now because you can't figure out which one will look/work best on the project rifle laying on the other end of your workbench (guilty)
- if you keep buying parts for the next rifle project even though this one is draggin on so long (guilty)
- if you go to the gun shop to pick up an AR lower receiver but end up buying another scope (guilty)
- if two of your co-workers call you over because they are having a gun related argument and want you to settle it (guilty)
- if two of your co-workers are having the 9mm vs. 45 ACP debate and one of them don't want to call you over because they already know what you are going to say (guilty)
- if you use a catalog in the gun shop to prove to the new counter guy that the p/n for Hornady XTP/HP .45 ACP bullets is the same as the p/n for .45 GAP bullets because they are the same and not different calibers like he insist they are, and then go on to show him that the RCBS 3 die TC pistol die set is the same for both rounds (guilty, he tried to tell us that a .45 GAP was actually .32xxx in diameter but because the ballistics were so similar to ACP they "just called it a .45")
- if you keep thinking about personal experiences and typing them up as "you might be a gun nut" lines (duh... guilty
Oh yeah..one more...
- if you know what the difference in an A-1, A-2, and "other" birdcages are and describe each in detail
if...while watching the movie US Marshalls you stand up and cheer when Tommy Lee Jones states "Ya need to get rid of that nickle plated sissy pistol and get yourself a GLOCK!!"
if...you dream of some glorious day of owning the entire GLOCK family.
Or if you constantly post on the "you might be a gun nut if" thread.
that right there's funny I don't care who you are.
I do believe that this falls in the category:
"Those of you who THINK you know everything are ANNOYING those of us who do! of course those of us who do know everything, know that we don't truly know everything but a whole hell of a lot more than YOU! #@%**&
In Gen 1, Gen 2 and Gen 3.
or already do. in 1st,2nd&3rd grneration
Every model, in every caliber? 9mm, .40, .45, 10mm, .45Gap, .357Sig etc???
You sir, are a GOD! I am not worthy!!!!!
But that said...
NO,no, no.i don't. but if i did...
No but I have checked th internet on dad's Blackberry to find some out in Euless While we were inbetween jobs. There happened to be one right down the street from where we were working. Went in there after lunch. They had a pair of shotguns I'd liked to have bought... one Browning BPS that fit me real well for $349, and a Stoeger 20 ga SxS Uplander with the Engilsh style stock for $275.