close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

You meet the nicest people on a.......

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by ndbullet500, Jul 22, 2006.

1. ndbullet500

ndbullet500 Unmutual

Honda CB750!!!

I had a great ride last weekend....with one of my "girl" friends (meaning a girl that is a friend not a girl that is a dude).

We took my '03 Honda CB750 for about a 3 hour ride to lunch on the shore of Lake Michigan.

The part that was sweet was when we stopped and she told me that the last ride she went on as a passenger was on a Harley. Ok, well, that's not that sweet, but......she said:

1. I like riding on the back of this better.
    2. It's much smoother, and it feels so much more powerful.
    3. The seat is way more comfortable for me (her).
    4. I have a lot more room.
    5. I like the way is sounds more than the Harley, the "other" bike was too loud. (I do have a modified exhaust on my CB, but until I hit 6000, you would never notice it.)
    6. The foot rests (pegs) are more comfortable and my right foot doesn't get hot.
    7. The Harley had a windshield that made the wind shake my head a lot.
    8. I like the colour, red is pretty.

AND......

9. Are you busy all week?

:hearts: :motorcycle:

I asked her a little more, and I'm pretty sure that the Harley was a few years old 883 Sportster. I have NOTHING against Harleys or Sportsters, but I laughed out loud in my helmet when I figured out what it was.

That's the perfect, if not only, Harley to make me look like a sophisticated, avant guard biker! Thank god she wasn't riding around on an Electa Glide, she would have been critical of how little space I had and how uncomfortable MY bike was! Where is the CD player??!?!?! :)

Ok, hope that wasn't too boring......just had to share.

BTW, any GlockTalkers going to Vintage Motorcycle Days next week? If you are and let me know, it is worth one free beer! :beer:

2. WellArmedSheep

WellArmedSheep NRA Member

So, are you saying that there's some potential for a relationship, and that the Honda was your motorized cupid? :) :hearts:

3. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

To defend Harley, the 883 is a little girl's bike. Why anyone would waste their money on one is beyond me.

4. freakshow10mm

freakshow10mm 10mm Advocate

Some buy the 883s used, bore them to 1200cc and save a couple thousand over getting a 1200cc Sporty. I know of a few locals who have done this.