You may want to deal with this

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by perryturner, Sep 9, 2003.

1. perryturner

perryturner

2. Fred

Fred Lifetime Member Millennium Member

but Eric, GT owner, has commented a number of times that he doesn't want any flame wars between boards. In a situation like this, he would prefer that we ignore any comments like those noted in your link.

3. perryturner

perryturner

It's not a flame war. It's just some good guys saying they can't get on Glocktalk, with a little joking thrown in. In general, the active members of the FAL Files are a mature bunch. It's a technical problem they could use some help with.

4. SQUAD

SQUAD

One thing, when you signup on GT, your subscription must be manually approved by a moderator. For me, this took nearly 48 hours. This isn't a board where you can just signup and immediately post.

* Mods if you need some assistance approving new subscriptions let me know, I can help out. I live on the pc.

5. DWavs

DWavs Moderator Moderator

That is news to me.

6. SQUAD

SQUAD

If it's not true, it sure took a long time for my subscription to me approved. As I run a few boards, I know this is an option to have subscriptions manually approved.

Believe it or not, I'm being extremely generous on the 48 hours, it was more like 72 hours before my subscription was approved or before I could post.

Perhaps someone else can shed some light on this, maybe Eric.

7. SQUAD

SQUAD

I'll conduct a little test right now to see if I can immediately post, using a different username.

8. SQUAD

SQUAD

See the attachment, also in the above post I mentioned that the moderator may have to manually approve subscriptions, actually according to the screen capture, it's the administrator. There is a difference. Either way, subscriptions are approved.

9. Patricia

Patricia Wild at heart CLM Millennium Member

There is a reason for new members to be approved. Eric does this personally. It is an Admin function only and the mods don't get involved. Occassionally, when lots of new folks sign up at one time, it may take more than a day or two to get approved.