Home > The Main Room > The Okie Corral > You know...

You know...

1. ... it was an actor that shot Abraham Lincoln. Impassioned by his beliefs and determined to have his way. A very famous actor of his day, used to adoration and convinced his way of seeing things is the only truly right way. Makes the hubris and vitriol of late seem chilling.

2. Sic semper tyrannis!

3. I don't think they have the intelligence to hatch a plan.

4. Hollywood liberals say and do stupid things just to get their name and picture in your face. It's a weird way of promoting themselves, so you'll watch their movies and producers will offer them acting jobs.

If Rosie O'Donnell or Roseanne Barr never said anything stupid, you'd never even know they were still alive.

All they do is talk.

5. We are safe, they hate guns.

6. IMG_4958.JPG

7. Is this more or less vitriol than the last few presidents have received?

8. Nice! I spent four years living and working with that view...
    Fort L. J. McNair

Unfortunately, it didn't look like that. Perhaps they should put it back (and use it) as a reminder of how not to behave.

9. You beat me to it!

10. Or the guts to carry one out with out a stunt double.

11. Anyway, they only shoot blanks.

12. Was he a democrat?

13. Indeed!

Lincoln was a bad, bad man.

14. I guess Canada wouldn't let all the ******* actors in!

15. I'm gonna take a chance and say yes since Lincoln was a republican. The parties have done a 180 degree shift in their thinking since the civil war. The republicans were mainly northern and liberal and southerners were democrat and conservative. I guess a lot can happen in 152 years there about.
    He was born in Maryland but was a confederate sympathizer so I'm still going with yes.

16. The officer's club at Ft. McNair has that photo on the wall by the bar. General McNair was killed during the Normandy Operation (by our own bombers who carpet bombed short and killed a bunch of our own troops).