close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

You Know It's Hot When...

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side' started by Glockrunner, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

Bedford, NH - Blistering heat was just what Sandi Fontaine needed to bake cookies for her co-workers - on the dash of her Toyota Rav4.

With temperatures soaring Wednesday, Fontaine placed two trays of cookie dough on the dashboard, shut the doors and retreated inside to her air conditioned office.

"My husband wanted me to run some errands this morning," said Fontaine, who works at Baldwin and Clarke Corporate Finance. "I said, 'I can't. I'm baking cookies.'"

Fontaine first tested her dashboard oven three years ago. She said anyone can do it; the only requirement is for the outside temperature to be at least 95 degrees, so it will rise to about 200 degrees in the car. Temperatures in the area reached the mid to upper 90s on Wednesday.

"Mrs. Fields has nothing on Sandi," co-worker Brian Champigny said of the cookie company. Though Thursday was supposed to be cooler, Fontaine said she'll still enjoy the benefits of her culinary effort.

"When you open the door to that car," she said, "it's like, oh my God. It's a wonderful smell."

2. randyrat

randyrat

How bout a little milk with them there cookies mam.
    That heat wave in NH hit here in Wi. 1st. OMG I haven't seen it that hot in years. How the hell can you people down south deal with that all the time.

3. G21FAN

G21FAN Useless loser Millennium Member

Heck, the heat ain't bad here, it's the "like breathing Jell-O" levels of humidity that is a crank-off.

4. vafish

vafish

Wow I thought I was inovative using the heat of my car to modify my Fobus holster.

5. GammaDriver

GammaDriver

And with all the poisonous fumes the plastic interiors, including the dashes, leech out due to the sun's radiation and heat, gee, won't they be good for ya?