Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

2141 - 2150 of 2150 Posts

·
NRA Member
17,703 Posts
Got any youtube videos of what you're talking about? My shoulders have always been good until recently, when they've started to feel "junky" for lack of a better term.
Thanks!
Sure. There are several variants of these - single, double, some with a lunge, some twisting for abs/core, etc. here's the one I was referring to

·
woo woo
30,884 Posts
That's impressive. I always stop in the low 300s.
I generally stay around the same and maybe throw 365 on there for whatever feels good on my last set. since I have been more consistent with squats, I felt okay about pushing it a little more on DL..its really my best lift.
I'm torn a little about trying stuff like this at 46, but it felt strong.

·
NRA Member
17,703 Posts
I generally stay around the same and maybe throw 365 on there for whatever feels good on my last set. since I have been more consistent with squats, I felt okay about pushing it a little more on DL..its really my best lift.
I'm torn a little about trying stuff like this at 46, but it felt strong.
Don't let age stop you. I'm 52 and stronger than I've ever been. Good form is my main focus. I used to quickly recover from injuries. That's the biggest difference now. Takes longer to get over injuries. But heck, linear leg press workouts up to 900 lbs, bench workouts up to 275, etc. I'll do clean and press, push presses, DL, etc. I know there are always people stronger than me. I just do it for me and compete against myself to push and get stronger.

Reactions: Berto

·
NRA Member
17,703 Posts
Btw...my Dad is in his early 80s and works out every day at Gold's gym

Reactions: Berto

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,147
Agreed. If you feel good, don't let age stop you. I'm closing in on 49, and my lifts are still going up. Two weeks out of a three week cycle, I'm lifting 6-7 days a week; squat high intensity 4 days a week, and some variation of DLs 4 days a week.

2141 - 2150 of 2150 Posts