Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

2101 - 2120 of 2150 Posts

·
BIGASS!!!!
2,836 Posts
Pulled 345x9 paused this morning.

Felt very good. Was shooting for 8-10 reps. A 10th rep was perhaps possible but it would've been ugly. Still a PR.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
If this is going to happen it needs its own thread for sure.

That being said, I don't recall any of the regulars here having the ability to post vids. Except for maybe Warp.
We could post links to videos on YouTube.

Good job with you pulling.

I of to workout in my 105 degree gym.

·
BIGASS!!!!
2,836 Posts
We could post links to videos on YouTube.

Good job with you pulling.

I of to workout in my 105 degree gym.
Actually what I meant was I didn't think most of us had video cameras. I thought a while back we had talked about this. Could be wrong. It was a long time ago.

Hows your workouts going? Weren't you doing a stripped down routine of dips and deads? Or am I mistaken?

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Ah, video cameras, I get it.

Yeah dips and sumo deads. Double progression on the dips. Just finished it up because the double progression stopped working.

Just yesterday I started 5/3/1 for bench and dl only.

·
BIGASS!!!!
2,836 Posts
Sounds good Jack.

A couple of weeks ago I finished my 5th cycle of 5/3/1 squats. It worked stellar this time. For whatever reason I did much better than in the past.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Well...

I did another 12.5 mile tune-up run last week in preparation for the half marathon I'm going to run in September and I was actually 21 seconds slower than in June!

I did pick up the pace on my 8.5 mile run this week and went the fastest I've gone so far this year - 1:08:50 or 8:06 per mile. I really want to run the half marathon at under 8 minutes per mile!

·
Khem-Adam
2,410 Posts
I deadlifted 415 this morning. It's either a 5 or 10lbs PR, depending on how you look at it. I pulled 405 in the gym before, and 410 at competition, but the 410 was rejected due to me shuffling my feet. Either way it's a PR.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,109
:thumbsup: SOI

I have the hardest time making progress on DLing, so I don't put as much effort on this lift as other big lifts. Less effort equals no progress. It's a vicious cycle for me. Oh well...

·
Khem-Adam
2,410 Posts
:thumbsup: SOI

I have the hardest time making progress on DLing, so I don't put as much effort on this lift as other big lifts. Less effort equals no progress. It's a vicious cycle for me. Oh well...
I put a lot of effort into it for a while, but it wasn't going up much. Once I got some critique from a pro and got some tips, it has slowly started going up. I've actually gotten all of my deadlift PRs from simple form improvements. You can see from my log that I'm not lifting a whole lot of volume or very heavy.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Ran the half marathon today. I ran it in 1:50:20 or 8:25 per mile.

I didn't achieve my goal, but I have something to work towards...

My fastest run ended up being a 7 mile run at 8:02 per mile, but I also ran an 8.5 mile at 8:03.

·
NRA Member
17,703 Posts
Well, after over a year of rehabilitating my shoulder & changing my workout, I finally am able to gain strength on exercises that once hurt bad. For example, yesterday on flat bench...which I don't do nearly as much as I once did. I did my bench workout and finished the workout with 10 reps (no spot) at 225. Not much for many guys, but this 48 yr old was very happy. Finally I can do a wider variety of exercises that once hurt bad and I have my strength back and then some.

·
NRA Member
17,703 Posts
Good deal JD!
Thanks! Since there was no pain, I've changed my bench workout to a couple of warmup sets with 185, then 3 sets of 225 with 6-8 reps. Long gone are those large rep sets. My shoulders said 'no mas'.

I really think going to very limited bench and putting more emphasis on other basics has helped a lot. Before my injury, there was no overhead presses - for example. Now, OP is key to my workouts.

·
Khem-Adam
2,410 Posts
Holy necromancy Batman, this thread has been revived from the dead!!!

I will update my log soon, as soon as I find my paper log so I have my numbers, but I figured for now I would update some PRs.

Snatch - 140lbs (previous was 135)

Front Squat - 230lbs x 2 (previous was 225x1)

Clean & Jerk - 195lbs (previous was 185)

Nothing major, but I'm happy with them.

Here is to everyone hitting some PRs soon! :cheers:

2101 - 2120 of 2150 Posts