close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

you ever sold a firearm ..

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by *ASH*, Oct 24, 2012.

1. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

by being blunt or do you put up with bs and lowballers ???

i used to be to nice when selling guns .

i just sold my kimber by being blunt . the dude said he like my style , no bs and was a straight shooter :dunno::dunno:

hell i thought no way he is buying this gun after our emails to each other . lol

gonna be blunt from now on:supergrin:

2. DaneA

DaneA

I'm blunt with everything I sell... and I do it for a living. I have fun with the lowballers though:
    A product that is $199
    Them: "I'll give you $150"
    Me: "Great, I'll take $250"
    Them: "????????"
    Me: "I want more, you want less, let's just settle for the price on the tag and get on with it.

Or:
    Me: "Do you try to negotiate for your groceries at Wal-Mart?"

3. jfost11

jfost11

I don't see the need for putting up with such foolishness unless you're really in a pinch and need the money. Otherwise, I'd make it perfectly clear that I didn't NEED to buy something as expensive as a Kimber to start with and I certainly don't NEED to sell it.

4. 427

I make my living buying and selling and haggling is all part of the game. I price my stuff about 30%-40% above what I need to get - I'm expecting to get beat up on the price. I let them beat me up and they think they're getting a deal, I get the profit I was looking for anyway.

I like it when a perspective buyer says; "Can get that cheaper online or at store "x". I then tell them "That's a great deal! You better buy it before some one else does!"