You Can Tell Obama Has Left the Whitehouse

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Dukeboy01, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

RedbarnGuy, Neldon, Pandaz3 and 6 others like this.
  2. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

And by the mainstream media wailing and gnashing their teeth and bemoaning the departure of the ex race baiter and chief.

I doubt though we have heard the last of him. His comments about how he would "speak out" if he thought it necessary reflects he intends to ignore ex president protocol about remaining silent.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    BigBull 301, RedbarnGuy, n2g and 9 others like this.

3. RetailNinjitsu

RetailNinjitsu

Does the White House have a fountain and polished brass handrails yet?

4. SARG

SARG

Strange how this situation that will have nil to no impact on your daily life feels remarkably good ... like poppa just said it's OK to throw the politically correct crap out the window & breathe.

I did notice a boatload of LEOs represented in the parade though & that indeed did feel much better. Like perhaps we can be on the same side for a few years.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  5. papajohn

papajohn

BigBull 301, Pandaz3, F350 and 10 others like this.
  6. wprebeck

wprebeck Have you seen me?

I read through all the headers unders the "Issues" tab. You'd have to be a damn Commie and hate this country to believe those are bad.

Oh, how I've longed for the return of pride in our country...I've been cautiously optimistic about Trump. Being the cynic that we all are - I didn't want to have too many expectations from him. But, after his speech yesterday, and the list referenced here...maybe, just maybe, our country will really be able to move forward.

I'm also a Pence fan, as he did a helluva job running Indiana. That state is a stone's throw from my office downtown, and as such, our local news station covers a lot of Indiana stories. Pence ran a surplus over there, they have pretty good gun laws, etc. I think he'll be a good VP, and possibly a great President when the time comes.

I'm hoping that a Trump DOJ will create an environment where we can do our jobs without dear of unnecessary backlash. Sure, investigate the shady stuff - there will always be cops who step over the line, humans being human and all - but, maybe we can get away from the ever-present proctologist act that the Feds have become over the last eight years.

Here's to hoping!

7. merlynusn

merlynusn

I figure the rain is cleansing America from the past 8 years.

8. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

It'll take a monsoon.'08.

BigBull 301 and Mrs.Cicero like this.
  9. ROGER4314

ROGER4314 Friends Call Me "Flash"

I made special note of the number of references to "God" in his speech.

Trump's reference to kicking ass on Islamic Terrorism was very welcome! Obama wanted us to believe that those killings and bombings were done by the Tooth Fairy. Islam is the religion of peace and love (Sure). Our mission is to send Islamic Terrorists to see their God.

Flash

10. merlynusn

merlynusn

There were 3 "I"s in the speech. And thatw as his vow to us. Obama would have said I at least 50 times.

11. Scouse

Scouse

As a US Citizen, who was born in Liverpool England, seeing the Bust of Winston Churchill returned to the closest spot on a table in President Trumps office! Made me feel good, the Prime Minister of Britain will be the first head of state to visit, next week.
    The nasty rumor that MLKs bust being removed from the oval office? Yes a nasty rumor. It still sits there.
    Found a way to clean my eyes, when they get dry!
    Play the National Anthem, sang at the swearing in. By Jacky Evanko!
    Law and Order returned to the White House.

12. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

The MLK bust wearing a "Make America Great Again" red ball cap is what I would like to see......

13. MajorLord

MajorLord

I think President Trump ( God it feels great to write that!) used the word "Annihilate" Islamic terror, which means to kill them all or break their will to stop their campaign or terror. Obama used used the term "Decimate" (Terrorists", since according to Obama, if you are "Islamic", your actions cannot be considered Terrorism by definition) Decimate means to reduce by 10%, or one in ten. I think I like "annihilate" better!

Mrs.Cicero and bmrtoyo like this.
  14. Pandaz3

Pandaz3

Great thread. I will bet he will disappoint me a time or two, but I am really happy so far.

15. MajorLord

MajorLord

Iran is not glowing in the dark, so I am a bit disappointed, but its Sunday, so maybe he will get to it during the work week and let the Air Force have a restful weekend.

rangerjd and Glockworks like this.
  16. Neldon

Neldon Sir Arthur if you Puh-leeze!

Long overdue.
    Obama could have ... should have stepped into the fray in Ferguson, Missouri. Would have stopped the insanity right there and saved MANY officers lives. You can lay the deaths of the five officers in Dallas, and at least a dozen more across out nation, right at the feet of Obama and the Democrats in power. Thank God and Greyhound he is gone!

RedbarnGuy likes this.
  17. Neldon

Neldon Sir Arthur if you Puh-leeze!

Thank you.

RedbarnGuy likes this.
  18. MajorLord

MajorLord

He did step into the fray...on the side of the bad guys!

BigBull 301 and Glockworks like this.
  19. Taz

Taz

I think you best rethink the number of disappointments. There is NO way he will accomplish many of the tasks he wants to. I'd say if he gets 20% of his campaign promises done he is doing well. Hopefully that 20% will have a positive impact on the state of the union. I'm not sting he is lying or incompetent, but that fundamentally our country isn't designed for severe changes of course. We are by design a Titanic when it comes to cornering ability. As it should be IMO.

Pandaz3 likes this.
  20. merlynusn

merlynusn