Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
These are Great Times for Gun Owners!
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm wondering if there are any other Yoopers on GT. I'm in the North Western U.P., and I also spend a lot of time in the South Western and Central U.P.

·
Registered
15,409 Posts
Welcome to GT.

I don't think living there for three winters counts, but you live in one of the most amazing parts of the county.

If you are near Marquette, stop at Beef A Roo for me, or the A&W on 41.

Reactions: ShootingRooster

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
I'm not a yooper, but have yooper friends. Have a Lawry's pasty for me.

·
These are Great Times for Gun Owners!
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys, wondering if any of you Apple Knockers are doing any deer hunting? I’ve been seeing a lot of big bucks killed downstate this year.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Today I know two new Yoopers. A wonderful couple, originally from Green Bay, retired just north of the line. They're on 50 acres, and there are a couple of shooting lanes right off the front porch with a few well-placed apple trees! That and a couple of acres pond that's deep enough that it won't freeze solid, and several grandkids nearby. Oh, at his retirement party colleagues gave him a beautiful pre-1964 model 70 in .30-06. It looks like a great start to retirement

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Hey guys, wondering if any of you Apple Knockers are doing any deer hunting? I’ve been seeing a lot of big bucks killed downstate this year.
I've seen a lot of monsters come from the western UP too. I'm from downstate but went to college in Sault Ste Marie. Shocked how dead this section is. I like Glock talk. Any other gun forums you all use (other than mgo)...won't go back there?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,689 Posts
My older sister went to and graduated from NMU, and raised kids and grandkids there for over forty years. As a Detroit born and raised TROLL myself I never wanted to go past Clydes in S S Marie, after I crossed the big bridge, as a matter of fact a Big Clyde was probably the only reason for me to cross.
Its 2 October, any snow yet? Well there is always tomorrow, and June/July and August, will be back next year.

·
Registered
9,603 Posts
I was a temporary pasty eating (with ketchup, not gravy of course) Yooper. Spent 4 years in Houghton for school (MTU) and had my skates sharpened by Yooper Joe! No one put an edge on hockey skates like Yooper Joe.

In heaven there is no beer, that's why we drink it here....

·
Registered
5,718 Posts

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Troll born and raised in SE Michigan.

Now a transplanted Cheesehead living in SE Wisconsin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Born & raised Marquette County! Recently moved cause of the wife to just below the bridge. My heart, soul, phone, and attitude belong in the UP. I'm a troll now. God somebody please shoot me!

·
real dogs
2,296 Posts
For those who dont know, UP is a different part of the world. Went there for the first time a couple of months ago. Different geography, lotsa road mileage between driveways or side roads. Not a lot of roads either. Very friendly helpful people. More waterfalls than you can count, all beautiful. Recommend visiting but from the size of the woodpiles we saw by the houses, I suggest a warmer time of year to explore.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
For those who dont know, UP is a different part of the world. Went there for the first time a couple of months ago. Different geography, lotsa road mileage between driveways or side roads. Not a lot of roads either. Very friendly helpful people. More waterfalls than you can count, all beautiful. Recommend visiting but from the size of the woodpiles we saw by the houses, I suggest a warmer time of year to explore.
Then ya got yer 'skeeters!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts