Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
32,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I like this guy's videos and think he's entertaining but this video had me screaming at the monitor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2oHuXkwxNY&playnext_from=TL&videos=ScrS40JNBSA&feature=sub

I don't even know where to begin. Here's what I "learned" from this video:

- 9mm penetrates more than .40 and .45. We're talking about SD rounds (JHP) remember.

- He carries with an empty chamber.

- In a SD situation he intends to shoot to wound. Of course that's only possible with the .45 because if you're shooting 9mm your only choice is to kill since it such an ineffective stopper.

- The .45 will drop anyone with one hit. Hit the shoulder, whatever, they're going down and ain't getting back up.

W O W

·
Registered
9,247 Posts
*incoming caliber war*

I'll steer clear of being specific so as not to incite a caliber war, but in short order he made this video to affirm what he suspects to be true because subconsciously he's compensating for the fact that he knows he has no idea what he's talking about.

Pete from the Armory Channel is a nice guy, but he should do some home-made ballistic testing before making such statements.

·
2A RKBA 4EVER
3,586 Posts
2 minutes in and enough pointless f bombs to cause me not to want to wait to hear him say something stupid about calibers.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
The guy sounds like an idiot, and the video sucks.

The problem with people like that is, other people think that they know what they are talking about when in reality they are clueless.

·
Process Engineer
4,602 Posts
He sounds like a Yankee.
What the heck is a Yankee?

Yan·kee   /ˈyæŋki/ Show Spelled[yang-kee] Show IPA
–noun
1.a native or inhabitant of the United States.
2.a native or inhabitant of New England.
3.a native or inhabitant of a northern U.S. state, esp. of one of the northeastern states that sided with the Union in the American Civil War.
4.a federal or northern soldier in the American Civil War.
5.a word used in communications to represent the letter Y.
6.Military. the NATO name for a class of Soviet ballistic missile submarine, nuclear powered, with up to 16 missile launchers.
–adjective
7.of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a Yankee or Yankees: Yankee ingenuity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1750–60, Americanism; perh. back formation from D Jan Kees John Cheese, nickname (mistaken for plural) applied by the Dutch of colonial New York to English settlers in Connecticut

·
TheGreyEclipse
1,924 Posts
I prefer .22's for the cost effective-ness.
When you're kill zombie rabbits, it just doesn't get any better.
Not to mention that it costs significantly less than all other standard SD handgun calibers, it can also be used in my 10/22 carbine/rifle.
You gotta think, if I shoot you ten times with a .22...that is what?
Money well spent! If I shoot you once with a .45?
Well damn, that cost too much for most peoples corpses these days.

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
That guy is a totally misinformed moron. He knows absolutey nothing about ballistics, but is too dumb to realize it.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I can't even sit still over a minute. It just getting to mall ninja x tactikool for me.

·
NRA and GSSF Life Member
2,415 Posts
unable to watch the video to much BS

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,981 Posts
2 minutes in and enough pointless f bombs to cause me not to want to wait to hear him say something stupid about calibers.
That was my thoughts exactely. I lasted 2min 27sec. About all I can think is toolbox

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
What the heck is a Yankee?

Yan·kee   /ˈyæŋki/ Show Spelled[yang-kee] Show IPA
–noun
1.a native or inhabitant of the United States.
2.a native or inhabitant of New England.
3.a native or inhabitant of a northern U.S. state, esp. of one of the northeastern states that sided with the Union in the American Civil War.
4.a federal or northern soldier in the American Civil War.
5.a word used in communications to represent the letter Y.
6.Military. the NATO name for a class of Soviet ballistic missile submarine, nuclear powered, with up to 16 missile launchers.
–adjective
7.of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a Yankee or Yankees: Yankee ingenuity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1750–60, Americanism; perh. back formation from D Jan Kees John Cheese, nickname (mistaken for plural) applied by the Dutch of colonial New York to English settlers in Connecticut
8. Derogatory term used for another individual by someone living in the South. Typically used to refer to someone sounding like they at least finished the 8th grade(first try), with all their teeth(and no tobacco stains on them), no Copenhagen ring in their back pocket, doesn't fly a rebel flag, doesn't have a broken appliance in their front yard and/or has never dated a family member.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts