Yet, Another Bargain

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by DAW9347, Aug 8, 2020.

1. DAW9347

DAW9347

It MUST go to the FFL you designate and who's hard copy of their FFL is on file with Volquartsen. Needs to go to a physical business address, no P O Boxes.
    I request everything from Volquartsen be shipped USPS priority mail, but they will use any carrier of your choice. I never use FedEx, they're too dang slow and usually take two more days over everyone else. That could be because of the remote area I'm in.

Current Resident likes this.
  2. familyman357

familyman357 I'd be more cynical, but my apathy prevents it.

Your FFL can email their FFL to Volquartsen (or you can if your FFL lets you have a copy). Volquartsen will send you an email after you place an order with an email address to send the FFL.

I know because I just did it. By the way, thanks DAW9347 - I placed an order yesterday. :)

DAW9347 and Current Resident like this.

3. DAW9347

DAW9347

And, who the hell are you to be suggesting anything that I should do? Who died and put you in charge? I never solicited any advice from you, nor will I ever. I'll continue to post pictures of things and how to do stuff whether you approve or not. You don't seem to have any knowledge that I would need and certainly not ask for, so if you "quit poking the BEAR, maybe you won't get growled at". Kapeesh? (I'ts "Capiche" for those in NC)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  4. DrewBone

DrewBone

You have a short memory along with an issue with reading comprehension. As a courtesy I suggested to you in the thread in question regarding your stainless steel Mark II bolt "preventive fix" that you shouldn't engage in thinly veiled attempts at soliciting work for your business here on GlockTalk, so you wouldn't get called out on it by the site moderators. Your thread was eventually locked:

Here's where you're soliciting work for your business...

You're no deity and you're no expert, and there's certainly no need whatsoever for your continuing condescending attitude and utter rudeness. I suppose you think your responses thusfar, that stupid slap emoticon, your latest don't poke the bear comment, and "kapeesh" BS directed towards me are real clever, but they're nothing but childish and immature displays.

5. familyman357

6. DAW9347

DAW9347

I spelt it in the Irish manner. :exercise: Don't know how.............wing it. Spell checker must be Irishman friendly. :drool:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  7. DAW9347

DAW9347

And you sir are no "moderator", nor gentleman, here. Heck, you don't even think enough about this site to support it. You will NEVER govern what I do, so put a cork in it and just take care and concern for yourself.
    If I'm posting anything in error, or against any rules, I expect to read from a designated moderator that has more on the ball than you do. If your depends get soiled from what I post, put me on your ignore list. Got that? :honkie::nutcheck:

8. Pluto57

Pluto57

So, not to break up a fun argument, but what the heck happened to the other half of the pistols?

Chris8111 and DAW9347 like this.
  9. familyman357

The product description says that these uppers came off Ruger 40107s, which are Mark IV 22/45s, so I think VQ probably used these lowers with their uppers for their Black Mambas (which run $1,400+).

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  10. Pluto57

Pluto57

Okay. That makes sense. Thanks.

11. DrewBone

DrewBone

Correct. It's my understanding that since Ruger owns the patent on the Mark IV lower, Volquartsen buys complete Mark IV pistols from Ruger and *utilizes the grip frames for their Black Mamba pistols, and either sells the barreled upper receivers as is, or as was the case with my recent Volquartsen purchase, they shorten the original barrel to 3.5", then rethread, refinish, and add an adjustable rear sight - and sell it for $140 in their "Clearance" section as "The Most Popular":

Ruger_Mark_IV_barreled_receiver_from_Volquartsen.jpg

The product page for the above item from Volquartsen's website...

Order Confirmation for the non believer:

Volquartsen_order_confirmation.png

*from Volquartsen's website:

"The Black Mamba build utilizes a polymer Ruger MK IV 22/45 frame that has been retrofitted with our Accurizing Kit providing a crisp, clean 2.25 lb trigger pull. The frame has also been fitted with our magazine release that, when used in conjunction with our magazine base pads (included standard), eliminates feeding issues. This is accomplished by raising the magazine's position in the frame, allowing the bolt to more positively engage each round as it feeds."

Black Mamba information webpage...

12. DAW9347

DAW9347

Well, from the information I received from the Customer Service Manager, Ruger and Volquartsen have worked out a deal (contract) together, so that might put an end to any WAG's. BTW, Ruger owns the patent for the upper also.

"The product description says that these uppers came off Ruger 40107s, which are Mark IV 12/45s,"

What the heck is a 12/45?

13. Pluto57

Pluto57

Don't quote me, but I'm going to make a wild stab in the dark and assume it is a typo for 22/45.

DAW9347 and ronin.45 like this.
  14. DrewBone

DrewBone

Yesitis!

15. familyman357

It's a typo for 22/45. Capiche? Fixed for the pedants out there.

DAW9347, ronin.45 and DrewBone like this.
  16. DrewBone

DrewBone

Dennis, some suggested reading for you:

[​IMG]

Get your copy here...

ronin.45 likes this.
  17. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

I wish they'd make one with a 6 inch tapered barrel.

[​IMG]

DAW9347 likes this.
  18. DAW9347

DAW9347

One never knows what Ruger has up their sleeves concerning the Mark IV. Adding the 10-inch barreled receiver version was a bit of a surprise. Will be interesting to see what's next.

19. DAW9347

DAW9347

Yah! Wonder what the "preview" selection is for? I never did get "hooked on Ebonics", but only proper English. :waving:

20. DAW9347

DAW9347

Man, that is ONE "fugly" upper! What's the barrel length? 1½ inch? Might be chambered for .22 Shorts. :aodnsb: