YES! GSSF going to Milwaukee WI

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by JVMHGF, Feb 16, 2007.

1. JVMHGF

JVMHGF NRA Life Member

I've been wanting a GSSF match to be close(r) to the Chicago-area and I just saw that Milwaukee has been added to the schedule! Now, I can't wait for May ...

(Just expressing my excitement ... carry on)

2. FESTUS

FESTUS Guest

Yes it is great...only though the drive along the lake from Chicago to Milwaukee makes me cringe....this new match will be a short hop but I'm actually spastic about the traffic and delays....anyone that travels this frequently have any suggestions and in the future for this road trip....I'll drive 13 hours one way but this 3-3-1/2 hour drive has got be pysched negatively... :sad:

3. Rikki

Rikki Pathetic Loser

Take the lake.

4. ede

ede

ever since i got stopped in chicago for driving my pickup on the highway i avoid it. adds 45 minutes to my trip to go west out of indy into IL then north.

5. JVMHGF

JVMHGF NRA Life Member

The only thing I can suggest is using I-80 to get to I-294 to avoid using I-90/94 that runs through the city. I estimate an additional 10-20 miles to the trip, one-way, but it is almost guaranteed you'll waste more than 20 minutes sitting in traffic going through the city. The other thing, though, is the tolls on I-294.

The only other suggestion I have if you are going to drive through the city is to get through early in the morning (before 8am on a week-end).

6. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: What are you saying? Has the lost souls in Chicago never seen a pickup truck? I spent 2 years in Springfield, Ill as an advisor to the 183rd TAC FTR GP. The duty was great and worked with some great folks but Springfield ----- It Sucked.:upeyes:

7. JVMHGF

JVMHGF NRA Life Member

I bet it was on Lake Shore Drive (LSD) where he got the ticket. "The Drive" is considered a boulevard and trucks are not allowed on boulevards in Chicago. I know this because I lived in Chicago as a teenager, had a 4WD pickup, and drove it on LSD and quickly got a ticket.

I noticed that out-of-state pickup trucks usually have "truck" plates. If that is seen on LSD, you will get a ticket.

(Sucks ... I know)

8. Don At PC

Guess us "Red Necks" need to stay out of Chi-Town. ;)

9. ede

ede

i was on interstate, not city streets. i no longer remember the number but i took i65 out of indy and then the number changes after a toll booth. cop stopped me and said i stopped you for driving a truck on the highway. i'm sure i had about as stupid a look as you could have and about that time a pick up and a 18 wheeler went by and he said "just like them" told me since i was from out of state he'd let it slide. thing is here my pick up doesn't get truck plates like a lot of states do and i never saw a sign saying no trucks and even if i did i'd thought it didn't apply to me. hell with a little change of the sheet metal i'd be legal with a SUV on the same chassis as my truck.

10. ClaudeH

ClaudeH Guest

11. FESTUS

FESTUS Guest

Well this just gets more and more interesting....I drive an F150 and have no intentions of changing...hmmmm gun control/truck control...sounds like another place to avoid.:sad: I haven't been to downtown Chicago since the late 80's....looks like it will be another 25 years.:upeyes:

12. sigfan2340

sigfan2340

This isn't in Milwaukee really, more south west of the city. You should't have to go near the city at all to get to it. All the construction (atleast for now) is north of where this is being held. Here is the website where it will be held.

http://www.schultzgunclub.com/directions.html

13. FESTUS

FESTUS Guest

Understood... found the website the first day...they do not list it on their calendar as of yet.Right now the task is finding a route to the facility that Saturday morning around Chicago...thanks for the info.:thumbsup:

14. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

If you get out your NVG's and transit that area between midnight and oh-dark-thirty it's not a problem.

:animlol:

15. Don At PC

But then he would get a ticket for looking like a "Cyborg" :rofl: :rofl: :banana: :banana: :animlol: :animlol: :tongueout: :wavey: :wavey: :thumbsup: