Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so did some experimenting

Have several glocks, My Glock 19 Gen 2 always shooted left, had to crank the sight over to the right fairly aggressively, to get groups to center. On a whim I saw a great price on a new Gen 5 Barrel which fits.

Glock 19 Gen 2 with sights centered shoots dead on, with Gen 5 barrel

Glock 22, shooted left, installed Storm lake conversion barrel - 9mm, shoots dead on with replacement barrel

Glock 37 experimenting have Lone Wolf barrel will use for reloading, currently shoots 2 inches left at 7 yards with stock barrel.

Its the barrel, I used to think it was lockup, considered replacing locking block, but its the barrel, and of course shooter error can be factor

But not in my case.

I also am much more accurate with the Gen 5 marksman barrel.

FWIW, try a different barrel

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Quite possible its the shooting hand and trigger control position in your case, try using the first pad of your trigger finger.
Being a little sarcastic I’m afraid.. I’ve had 30 or so Glocks and none of them shot left or right with or without an aftermarket barrel as long as I did my part.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Being a little sarcastic I’m afraid.. I’ve had 30 or so Glocks and none of them shot left or right with or without an aftermarket barrel as long as I did my part.
Not sarcastic at all, just my experience. Worked for me.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
That’s crazy. All mine shoot right. Think me being left handed has anything to do with it?
Mine shoot right as well. I'm a lefty.

Reactions: DrVlad

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
You might want to check out Alien Gear Holster's website. On it, search "printable targets" and check out common shooting errors and how to correct them. It may or may not apply to you. Interesting at the very least. For both right and left handed shooters.

·
Premium Member
10,318 Posts
Grip and fingertip placement was a problem at first when I started shooting pistols. Each pistol is different. Glock pistols are. It helped ditching the target trigger on compacts and installing the full size smooth trigger on them for me.

·
Premium Member
1,899 Posts
My Glock 19 gen 2 shot left until Glock found the frame was cracked and replaced it. Now it shoots where I point it. But to be clear it's now right on target.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
I have a few Gen2 G19’s. I remembered that one of them seemed to shoot to the left ( beyond the normal User induced left) Recently I shot all three trying to figure out which one it was. They all shot to point of aim. I guess i just improved.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Has anyone used a handgun vise setup to see a pattern of shooting left. I know guns have tendencies and I’m not criticizing anyone’s shooting. But I know I can put my .3-MOA .300 Jarrett in a vice and it can group 3” at 1000 yards using “no touch” trigger puller with a perfect rest/vise. I can do 3” at 500 yards but that’s about as good as I can consistently do. I just want to see how the gun works from a rest vs in my hands. FYI I missed a deer at 125 yards last year with this rifle so I’m not claiming to be some great marksman. Just trying to ask a question/make a point. Just because it does something in my hands doesn’t mean it’s the guns fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
418 Posts
Mine shoot low and left every time I use instinctive and yet flawed shooting technique. Then figured out what I was doing wrong. This was 20 years ago.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Low left is the most common newbie issue. Of the 4 fundamentals: stance, grip, sight picture and trigger control, grip is 99% of newbie problems. Hold your gun like this. This is Brian Enos, one of the greatest competition shooters alive today. All the top guys use this grip. Right hand web as high as possible, right thumb over left thumb pointing forward, wrapped grip. Maybe you have heard of these other guys also...

The Great One, Rob Leatham

David Sevigny

Even a girl can do it...

1 - 20 of 192 Posts