Glock Talk banner

Year end awards - the best thing I learned on Glock Talk

21K views 61 replies 52 participants last post by  Teecher45 
#1 ·
For me, it was Simple Green to clean my Glocks. Cheap, effective, relatively non toxic. The first few times I heard this mentioned, I dismissed it, but since I tried it, I use little else. Rinse with hot water.

#3 ·
Hmm..interesting thread, lets see:

1) GAP floor plates on my G26 rock!
2) Glock was discontinuing the OD model. (So I helped myself to one)
3) The Gen 4 models have some new model problems. (That will no doubt be sorted out)
4) Most folks here are cool.

jb

#8 ·
I wish I did, but my wife does not like Georgia--she lived there many years ago--and we are very happy in SW Virginia.

My vote is for Ed's Public Safety of GA. Ed and Don continue to provide GSSF members and Certified Glock Armorers the best prices and service in the USA. Don and Ed also attend many GSSF matches, displaying their great merchandise and greater prices. I'll see them next at Morganton, NC on April 16.

#14 ·
I've learned how fortunate I am to own older Glock pistols..............

I'm following the Gen4 threads with great interest. The G30 threads, too.

#15 ·
Heresy...you must be kidding.

MattC really likes HK instead of Glock.

Don't try my own grip reduction.

GAP floor plates are the bomb.

Best thing...all of the good people on GT.

Happy New Year everyone!
This plus DannyR helping me with life and my glock's. And the friends i talk to on PM. Plus my buddy's Canyon Man,Sonny, Roger, The _Punisher and AK's longslide's are great fun projects. Butch's Blog and the time most will help anyone whom ask for it very quickly. The vast majority of member's are knowledgable and helpful and we ignore the rude arrogant one's.

Glock's are very addictive. Hopefully docs bad experience with glock is a isolated one. Plus the GT Glocker from GA Melissa. :wavey:

Plus bac is willing to help and post very nice pics. He has good taste. Has a stellar collection without arrogance which is very rare, thanks bac,

#16 ·
1. LOADING PLUS 1 - Load bullet in mag; insert mag; rack one in chamber; remove mag; load another bullet; reinsert. Didn't know that i could've chipped the extractor. Talking to a few other people, they didn't know either.

2. Glock barrel conversions - too many to list.

3. Good people with a wealth of knowledge. I would do research on this web page before buying ANY gun.

4. I don't know much.

#22 ·
I learned that true high quality, high end 1911's are not commonly found in the local gun shop. A year ago i thought colt, springfield, kimber, etc.....were as good as it got.....boy was i wrong!

#23 ·
My 1911a1 wants will lead me ta divorce court.Other than that,I've learned quite a lot,Bac has been the main drive ta my 1911a1 list.Butch has been very helpful,just simple stuff on this end.'08.

#24 ·
1.GEN 4 9mm's were not ready for the consumer when they hit the market.
2.Perhaps for me the only really reliable 45 auto in Glock is the 21SF.
3.OD Green was discontinued
4.I am not crazy the glock 26 might be the most accurate 9mm that glock makes.

#25 ·
1. That Glock folks are the best. DeeCZman, DannyR, CanyonMan (who taught me about +P .45 loads, Meliissa (lovely girl), and the list goes on. Sorry to my friends that I've missed. What's funny is that I have many more friends here than in "real life."
2. That Glocks are the best. I mean I really believe it. Reliability trumps absolutely everything else.
3. I can ask for, and receive help on this forum from people who know, in great detail, what they're talking about.
4. GlockTalk is the best reading on the planet. My public library doesn't come close to this forum.
5. There are a few here who like to argue, rather than discuss. But everyone has a bad day occasionally. And maybe his wife just beat him up...
6. I learn something here every day. When I try to help, I usually learn much more information about the subject than I post. So everybody wins. I get pleasure out of helping folks. I guess my dad taught me that.
7. It's a great new year, even though my nose took a hit today. Putting away Xmas tree and ornaments on the garage shelves and a board slipped off a shelf and caught me on the bridge of my big German nose. Cut it a bit and now wearing two butterfly bandages, but it wasn't broken...so no big deal. I look pretty weird, though.
8. Happy New Year...a great year for all of you.
S2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.