close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Yahoo Messenger Disconnects

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by jmatteau, Mar 3, 2007.

1. jmatteau

jmatteau

Has anybody been having problems with Yahoo Messenger disconnecting on them all the freaking time? Mine will disconnect for a couple seconds and usually restart on its own. At first I thought it was my Router and it wasn't. Then I thought it was modem, and it wasn't. After doing a lot of reading I see a lot of people are having the same problems as me and turns out it is YIM. Glad it wasn't my hardware, but still ticks me of, I use YIM to keep in touch with a lot of friends and family, thinking about going to AOL IM. What say you, anybody else experiencing problems with Yahoo Messenger?

2. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

That's been fairly common this weekend.I think it might be at Yahoo.Were you having problems before ?

3. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

I got kicked a couple times yesterday(I access Yahoo via GAIM, if that matters), but its been fine since then.

IGF

4. Blitzer

Blitzer Cool Cat

Me too.

Considering Time Warner responded to my Land lord's complaints , of slow connection speeds, saying there was a system wide issue I thought it was Road Runner's problem.

Maybe there is another Web worm running around slamming servers again?

:crying: :steamed: :rant::shocked: :sad:

5. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

You could always just download Trillian or GAIM, and keep your contacts on both services and use only one buddy list etc. Personally, I hate YIM, AIM, MSN clients. Trillian and GAIM though, aren't bad at all(If you don't use voice chat, neither of them does that well).

I wish Trillian was for Linux, as I prefer it, but GAIM isn't bad. If you have friends on oddball clients(Gadu Gadu, Jabber, Sametime, etc..) then you'll want to go with GAIM, as it supports every protocol I've ever heard of.

If you're friends are all isolated to either Yahoo, AIM, MSN, ICQ.. use the free Trillian Basic.. its heads and tails above all standard clients, with GAIM a close second.

http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/ - Trillian

http://gaim.sourceforge.net/

IGF